better Y pipe 02 screw

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
better Y pipe 02 screw

does anybody know of a better performing cat and Y pipe set up that i can buy. other than having one built?? something that will be already set up with the O2 sensor holes in the right place, bolt up to the manifolds and line up with the back part of the piping. and maybe even eliminate a cat or put a better one under there.

oh, by the way, i have a 5.4 in the 02 screw.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Y-pipe

I am also looking for an exhaust solution, I would like a better y-pipe set-up, from what I've read lots of guys on here suggest going with long-tube headers, and with that you get the applicable y-pipe. Not sure about cats but I know pace setter and others systems have the O2 bungs in them already to go.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Either take off the rear cats or remove all four and add 2 high flow magnaflow cats. I have heard this will greatly improve exhaust flow and will not trip the CEL. I will let you know how my '02 5.4L runs when I get my high flow cats installed next week. Just my $.02

Old 12-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Mo Power
Either take off the rear cats or remove all four and add 2 high flow magnaflow cats. I have heard this will greatly improve exhaust flow and will not trip the CEL. I will let you know how my '02 5.4L runs when I get my high flow cats installed next week. Just my $.02

i was thinking about that, just having them made. but i thought i would try to find some premades, preferably mandrel, cuz nobody around here mandrel bends tubing.

also, does anybody know where to get long tube headers, a decent set, for a 02 FX4 SCrew

Old 12-11-2007, 03:25 AM
you can have an exhaust shop make you a custom set up from your manifolds to your highflows, i recommend magnaflow, get rid of the 4, the two highflow will take the place. then back to a y pipe that my shop actually fabricated right there. then to the cat back system. it was all mendrel bent and they also put the holes in for all of the o2 sensors and they throw know codes, no CEL light and its been 15k i highly recommend it. noticed a sound, gas mileage, perf. difference as well, nothing crazy tho. they even made a set up for my friend with long tubes, same as mine with the high flows, then it went to a magnaflow x pipe then true duals back. which, is better than mine. where are you from that they do not do any mandrel bent pipes? pacesetter longtubes are the way to go from what i hear as well. but if you want a y pipe set up i highly recommend what i have, have a shop do it right there, then it is custom for your truck not the model.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:33 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
i picked up a set of stock lightning mid pipes was gonna hollow out the precats and run the duals into a si/so 3" thraight thru 24" magnaflow muffler then back to duals and see how that works (it's cheap and I can do it in my driveway)

Old 12-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by 600Polaris
where are you from that they do not do any mandrel bent pipes?

im from aberdeen, south dakota. middle of no where. but i actually found out about a little shop that does it. im gunna have to drive about 50 miles or more to get there, but they are supposed to do good work. should be worth it. so i think ill save up for the long tubes and then have the intermediate pipes and cats built.

thanks for the info.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:08 AM
glad i could help. hope it turns out great

Quick Reply: better Y pipe 02 screw