how would this sound??

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how would this sound??

Alright so i dont have that much money to spend right now but still want a good deep and aggressive sound out of my exhaust. So i was thinking if i could just buy a new tip or something or do i need to have a new muffler?? Sry im a newb to the exhaust side of my truck right now and i want it to sound good.t

Old 09-03-2007, 10:27 PM
the tip alone wont get u what u want you're gonna have to replace the muffler, put on a dynomax bullet, muffler only about 70 bucks and prob around 20 to 30 to have it installed

Old 09-03-2007, 10:32 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by 99blk150
the tip alone wont get u what u want you're gonna have to replace the muffler, put on a dynomax bullet, muffler only about 70 bucks and prob around 20 to 30 to have it installed
more like 40 bucks. take it to your shop and have them do a muffler swap, they wont charge much. you could do the whole thing for 80 bucks easily, and it will be LOUD.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Nice looking truck!!

Didn't know they did a Texas Edition in the flareside..

And tips won't get you any better sound.. if it's only sound you want and don't mind losing some low-end power then go to any Meineke or Midas and they can put on a flowmaster for less than $100.. they keep 'em in stock.. it'll be loud enough.. or just cut out the muffler all together..

If you can spend some money then go with a Magnaflow, Borla, Corsa, Bassani.. no low end power loss and still nice sounds..

Old 09-03-2007, 10:34 PM
would i still be able to use my stock exhaust or what... or would it just be a waste of money and just keep saving until i can get a magnaflow dual exhaust that i want??

Old 09-03-2007, 10:43 PM
well i dont want to lose any power, so if i save up the money and say i wanted to go with magnaflow, would i just by a whole cat back exhaust system or what would i want to buy, because i want dual split rear exit??

Old 09-03-2007, 11:10 PM
Technical Article Contributor

just buy a dynomax bullet online. its 40 bucks, way cheaper then magnaflow and it flows a lot better too, you will get more sound and power out of a bullet muffler then with any magnaflow. then take it to your shop and do a muffler swap.

you will spend less doing this then you would doing a flowmaster, let alone magnaflow or borla. you will love the sound of the bullet muffler.

heres the muffler:
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Quick Reply: how would this sound??