aFe stgII cold air intake Si???

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 05:31 PM
SFM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aFe stgII cold air intake Si???

Has anyone tried the AFe stage II sealed intake? I just picked one up and getting ready to install it.. Has anyone tried it? results? any tips?

Thanks for any info

Old 06-21-2007, 01:11 AM
Have you installed the intake yet...is it noticable?

Old 06-21-2007, 08:39 AM
SFM
Have not put it on yet.. Waiting for the weekend.. I do asphalt work... so pretty much worn out during the week.. Soon as I get it on though.. I'll update

Old 06-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Talking

I'm not sure how much different the sealed Stage 2 is from one I just did, but I just put an AFE Stage 2 Extreme CAI on my 2007 F150 FX4, one thing my buddy and I ran into when putting it in, was that the ABS brake lines were in the way of the 3 sided cage, that AFE supplies, from resting naturally on the fenderwell. Thankfully the hard lines on each end are connected with braided lines in the center. We loosened up the lines on each end just enough to rotate the lines under the cage downward so that the cage could sit naturally and not rest on those lines.

It's a very noticable difference in sound and performance though. Very responsive on the throttle from start all the way through the RPM range. It was the first mod I've done since buying it 2,000 miles ago.

Yesterday I added a Magnaflow exhaust, installed by a local dealer and that also added to the performance and sound, much to my liking

Old 06-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Guys - do the research ...

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=20

...just fyi, ok?

Old 06-30-2007, 02:53 PM
SFM
Ok, I finally got around to installing the aFe CAI yesterday.. After driving it around last nite and today.. WOW! I have to say I am very impressed.

Install:

Install was pretty simple.. One little issue. A M6x30mm bolt is supplied to secure part of the sealed box thru the radiator support... This bolt is too short and you will need to source a 40mm bolt form Lowe's or Home Depot. Other than that install took about 45 minutes total.

Driving Impressions:

There is an immediate difference in throttle response. At part throttle, from a dead stop, the truck leaps forward very different from stock. Throttle response is greatly improved. This is also noticed when downshifting to pass someone. Truck pulls from the low end with much more authourity. When you get to more than half throttle there is a great growwwwwllll from under the hood. It sounds like flows or mags.. I had no idea it would change the sound for the better.. but it did. Truck also accelerates harder as it winds thru the gears. Actually feels like it's pulling now instead of just making noise. I have to give this a very positive review. I am totally satisfied with the increased performance and the added growwwlll is a bonus!

Also.. no... Have not had any code issues.. and no I couldn't tell you if it's running lean.. but it's definitely running stronger

Old 07-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Is your intake the new kit with the sealed lid or just the open filter kit? I saw the newer version on ebay but I've yet to see any pictures of it actually installed. Thanks

Old 07-02-2007, 10:37 PM
SFM
It is the new kit with the sealed intake box. Mine came with the clear coated brushed aluminum intake box cover.. If I can come up with a camera I'll snap some pics.

Quick Reply: aFe stgII cold air intake Si???