hangers

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation hangers

I will be installing a Flowmaster Super 40 in soon ( 5x10x13 ) and everything looked good until I realized I needed hangers..... now my plan is to install it myself so its a free install, and have no exhaust shop involved, just a temporary exhaust until I get the next truck, so, for hangers...... how can I get two hangers clamped in?? or can I attach the muffler to the mid way pipe, and with the dump tip i'll get can I get a hanger clamp'd onto that & hang it from the frame? I have no idea how much the muffler weighs so I'm not sure If I can go hangerless on the muffler. But a hanger clamp in with the dump tip to the muffler outlet out be good right?

Old 01-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
id throw at least one clamp as close to the muffler as possible. autozone has all kinds of universal clamps for like 10 bucks.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by keith97xlt
id throw at least one clamp as close to the muffler as possible. autozone has all kinds of universal clamps for like 10 bucks.
by clamps do you mean hangers? I dont want to have a exhaust shop weld in hangers if possible I want to clamp hangers in, if that is possible.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they have clamps and hangers. i had a 87 dakota i was selling and i had to mickey mouse some hangers so i could sell it. they are universal type. you might have to do some bending in the vice.maybye some drilling and bolting.good for a temp fix.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by keith97xlt
they have clamps and hangers. i had a 87 dakota i was selling and i had to mickey mouse some hangers so i could sell it. they are universal type. you might have to do some bending in the vice.maybye some drilling and bolting.good for a temp fix.
ahh ok, I'll just take some measurments and buy all the parts i'll need, thanks

Quick Reply: hangers