Gibson or Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 12:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Gibson or Magnaflow

I looking to put a mean sounding exhaust on my '06 FX4, from every thing i heard these are the two best i want to know which one sounds better and louder and is it neccissary to get a catback system or just the muffler?? if any one can help please hit me back..

Old 06-07-2006, 01:17 AM
SnowmaNick
If you want meaner and loeder go with the cat back from Magnaflow. I have the SI/SO full cat back system and it is pretty loud and has a definate rumble to it. Personally I would like it a bit quieter but I am planning on doing a full dynamat install anyway.

Several people will also say to save the money and get the muffler only. Considering I have the 18" muffler from the kit and it is easily louder than the 2 14" er's I have heard that were muffler only, I'd say go with the cat back, plus better performance from the mandrel bent piping.

Old 06-15-2006, 07:19 PM
if you want more power with a nice mellow sounding exhaust go to www.gibsonexhaust.com i installed a single swept side exhaust system on my 03 f 150 with the 4.6 engine and it woke the engine up. it definetly has more horsepower and torque and it has a nice agressive tone when you get on it. it doesn't have that annoying drone everyone has on their trucks. it's power range is from 1800-3000 rpms, perfect for low end power and towing. the system ran me about 300 bucks but it was definitley worth it. it was so easy i did in my own driveway. it took me all day but i tried to do it right. it looks, sounds, and performs better than any other aftermarket exhaust on the market.

Old 06-15-2006, 09:37 PM
I had a si/so Magnaflow system installed on my '01 5.4 and love the sound. Little/no drone in the cab, yet gets throaty when whomped on.

Only experience I have with Gibson goes back to an install (self) on a 1995 V6 Explorer I had, and to be honest it was way too quiet for me. Could have been the application, but who knows.

Love my Magnaflow though...

Old 06-16-2006, 03:52 PM
if you want a mean *** exhaust and performance go with the gibson super truck exhaust. it has a bad *** sound to it without the drone. ( i heard it on my buddy's truck today). when he romped on it to get on the freeway, it had kinda like a mustang sound with nice loud pipes. and the truck moves really good ( everthing else he has on it is stock)

Old 06-17-2006, 11:12 PM
If you want loud, don't get Gibson. My Gibson is barely louder than stock but it does sound better. If you want louder, get a Walker Dynomax muffler and put a turn down on it right on the outlet of the muffler & loud you shall have.

KC-10 FE out...

Quick Reply: Gibson or Magnaflow