New Exhaust For Sound, Not Performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Exhaust For Sound, Not Performance

Hey fellers.....

I just bought a new '06 KR F150 and I was thinking about a new exhaust system to "enhance" the "cool sound factor" of the truck. I'm not interested in tweaking for performance.

I've read a bunch here on the forums and it seems most are tweaking for performance.....not a problem, but not my reasons. If I simply and only replace the exhaust with a Flowmaster kit using the 50 series SUV (the 40 series is toooooo loud for me), do I really need to also install one of those FIPK things?

I mean, by doing one, is the other required.....and vise versa?

Thanks for your help!!

Old 01-22-2006, 11:48 PM
Well since you are just adding exhaust for sound and not for performance, I dont see why you would have to add it. its not something you have to add if you install an exhaust on your truck. if you were going for performance then I would say add it. It would just help the truck out since you will be getting rid of the exhaust gasses better might as well help get some more air into it.

Old 01-24-2006, 06:05 PM
Just add the Flows and you're good to go, coolness factor increased by 10!

Just like they say, Flowmaster, gotta love that sound!

Old 01-25-2006, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and ordered the 17418 model.....the dual out with the 50 series SUV muffler. I get this puppy installed tomorrow at TruckNAmerica! I'm really looking forward to it. I also swapped out the factory air filter with a K&N drop-in filter. As long as I don't diminish the existing performance of the truck, I don't think I'll spend the money on the cold air intake "thingy."

Thanks again!!

Old 01-25-2006, 11:16 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dougxd
Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and ordered the 17418 model.....the dual out with the 50 series SUV muffler. I get this puppy installed tomorrow at TruckNAmerica! I'm really looking forward to it. I also swapped out the factory air filter with a K&N drop-in filter. As long as I don't diminish the existing performance of the truck, I don't think I'll spend the money on the cold air intake "thingy."

Thanks again!!
good choice with the flows your gonna love em

Old 01-26-2006, 12:32 PM
I just had the local muffler shop put on a SISO 50 series SUV Flowmaster, on my 5.4 2005 Expy. Also he put on a 4 inch tip. The sound is great, very quiet but throaty, and no resonance inside. I was somewhat concerned that I might loose some low end but it actually seems a bit stronger. You should really like it.

Last edited by N2Lake; 01-26-2006 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally got the exhaust kit installed this morning. Oh.....my......god........veeerrrRRRYYYY COOOOLLLL!!!!!!!!! I feel the sickness coming on.

Old 01-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally got the exhaust kit installed this morning. Oh.....my......god........veeerrrRRRYYYY COOOOLLLL!!!!!!!!! I feel the sickness coming on.
Yep, just gets worse.

Old 01-30-2006, 06:44 PM
Is the 50 SUV too quiet outside? I was thinking about gettin either that or the 50 delta depending on if the 50 delta was too loud inside. Expand on what you like/dislike about them.

Old 01-30-2006, 07:59 PM
I know you don't care much about performance, but, I just installed a K&N 57 series intake kit on my truck this weekend, and it adds a VERY NICE throaty sound from up in the engine compartment when you hit the gas. It's quiet during normal driving. It's not enough 'sound change' to justify it's 300 bucks to purchase, but I think it has a nice coolness factor (not to mention the added 15hp at the wheels). I am anxious to see if my MPG changes. I'm not expecting a lot but we will see. Good choice for your mufflers!!!! It's addicting!!

Old 02-07-2006, 09:24 AM
So-Cal

Have you noticed any changes with your MPG at all??

Quick Reply: New Exhaust For Sound, Not Performance