V-Force Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V-Force Mufflers

Does anyone have experience with V-Force mufflers? I'm scheduled to have duals installed on my Blackwood 5.4 DOHC 300 hp. and the guy is planning on using a V-Force Flow Pro muffler 2 in and 2 out with 2 1/4 inch piping. It took me several stops to find anyone who thought they could make the left side tail pipe. I knew it was possibe because I've seen at 3 other Blackwoods with dual tails. Anyway, I want duals but, I don't want it extremely loud. What I'd like is a low pitch mellow sound simular to ( I hate to say) a Chrysler factory sound. Any comments?

John

Old 09-29-2005, 01:34 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by John Reeder
Does anyone have experience with V-Force mufflers? I'm scheduled to have duals installed on my Blackwood 5.4 DOHC 300 hp. and the guy is planning on using a V-Force Flow Pro muffler 2 in and 2 out with 2 1/4 inch piping. It took me several stops to find anyone who thought they could make the left side tail pipe. I knew it was possibe because I've seen at 3 other Blackwoods with dual tails. Anyway, I want duals but, I don't want it extremely loud. What I'd like is a low pitch mellow sound simular to ( I hate to say) a Chrysler factory sound. Any comments?

John
My last truck was an 03 Silverado and a shop installed a V-Force SIDO on it. They said it was much like a Flowmaster, just cost less. I liked the sound on it and I now have a Flowmaster on my Ford. Sounds very similar. I would not hesitate to use a V-Force again, if that is what a shop wanted to install.

Old 09-29-2005, 02:45 PM
Blackwoods have DOHC?

Old 09-29-2005, 04:25 PM
Yes, they do but, I'm not really sure it helps that much. I was really surprised that the 5.4 DOHC is rated at only 300 when the old 4.6 DOHC was 290, 295, and I think the 2003 & 2004 MERCURY MARAUDER rating is 302. But, I figure this engine must at least have some potenial. I'm starting with a set of duals and then I'll try maybe a K&N filter or maybe a complete air induction system. I'd love to install a super charger but, I just can't go that much.

John

Quick Reply: V-Force Mufflers