16614 just arrived

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
16614 just arrived

Just like Xmas. Got home last night and waiting for me on the doorstep was my Magnaflow rear dual exhaust 16614. I plan on putting it on this weekend and will post pics.

I have a 2005 Screw Lariat and have read about issues/modifications needed to the rear hangers. Hopefully this won't be too much of a problem.

Old 09-22-2005, 02:03 PM
This is perfect, same setup I want and same truck (with exception of color of course).

Could you tell me how it goes, and maybe snap a few pictures along the way or at least of how you did the driver's side?

Also maybe give a input on how the noise level is while cruising down the highway. (example: stock, a little bit lounder but can't hear it if i'm talking or someone else is, or definitely hear it except when radio is up very high)

Thanks so much, if you could do this for me I'd be very greatful!

Thank you,

Duke

Old 09-25-2005, 02:24 PM
Well, I finally got the Magnaflow installed. Took a little longer that I thought, but the results are worth it. Sound is awesome and performance wise seems a little more peppy.

Duke -Noise level during idle and cruising down the highway is fine, almost like stock. But when you put your foot into it, it comes alive! The sound is great, now it really sounds like a 5.4 under the hood. There is no problem having a conversation with another person in the truck while driving. Trust me, the wife was yelling at me to stop flooring it so I could hear the exhaust howl, while the kids were in the back screaming COOL!

Here's a couple pics.

Old 09-25-2005, 04:35 PM
So is it pretty loud at 3000 RPM, say during normal acceleration from 0 to 60? Or just enough to know it's not stock, but not enough to think you're driving a muscle car.

Sorry for the barage of questions, just really wish I could ride in one to hear it first hand.

Old 09-26-2005, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by F150 Duke
So is it pretty loud at 3000 RPM, say during normal acceleration from 0 to 60? Or just enough to know it's not stock, but not enough to think you're driving a muscle car.

Sorry for the barage of questions, just really wish I could ride in one to hear it first hand.
Duke - Its loud while you're putting your foot into it, during acceleration. Driving to work today at an even 50mph, I could barely here it- not much different that stock. But when starting up and mashing your foot down on the gas its definitely like a muscle car. Great mellow, deep sound.

If you go with this setup I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

Old 09-26-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by cscoios
Duke - Its loud while you're putting your foot into it, during acceleration. Driving to work today at an even 50mph, I could barely here it- not much different that stock. But when starting up and mashing your foot down on the gas its definitely like a muscle car. Great mellow, deep sound.

If you go with this setup I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

Thanks for the feedback cscoios! I think I'm definitely going to need to hear one in person before I end up buying it. I just have a lot of accelerating to 60 and then cruising at 75 in my daily commute and I don't want to hear it too much while accelerating to 60....unless I'm flooring it. I usually give the truck moderate gas (to about 3000 RPMs) while accelerating.

Old 09-26-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by cscoios
Just like Xmas. Got home last night and waiting for me on the doorstep was my Magnaflow rear dual exhaust 16614. I plan on putting it on this weekend and will post pics.

I have a 2005 Screw Lariat and have read about issues/modifications needed to the rear hangers. Hopefully this won't be too much of a problem.
Mine sould be here on wednesday and I will install over the weekend. I have a question for you. I was looking at my stock exhaust and I only see 1 joint ahead of the muffler. I plan on doing this on my ramps. Can the stock pipe be removed without cutting it? Also did you have to remove the spare tire to do install? How long did it take you? Any help is apricated.

Old 09-27-2005, 07:30 AM
Can the stock pipe be removed without cutting it?
YES
Lift it straight up so the axle bend is completely forward of the axle, and the tube right behind the bend is resting on the axle. Then rotate clockwise, looking toward the tail, and pull it out from under. I did it with ramps also. The whole exhaust is sitting in my bed. You will re-use the factory clamp to attach the Magna, it's tack welded into place anyway.

I put in the SISO, no spare tire removal needed in my case.

Old 09-27-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by 05SilverFX4
Mine sould be here on wednesday and I will install over the weekend. I have a question for you. I was looking at my stock exhaust and I only see 1 joint ahead of the muffler. I plan on doing this on my ramps. Can the stock pipe be removed without cutting it? Also did you have to remove the spare tire to do install? How long did it take you? Any help is apricated.
05Silver -

1) You could cut the exhaust to remove. I just unbolted the clamp by the OEM muffler and the double clamp up towards the CATS. Make sure you have a BIG can of WD40. Spray the heck out of this double clamp and you'll be able to slide this sleeve/clamp forward to unfasten the OEM pipe from the Y-pipe. Also WD40 the black hangers.

After getting the OEM exhaust loose and lubricating the black hangers, I went to the back of the truck and pulled on the OEM exhaust with all my might. After three tries the whole OEM muffler dropped to the ground. You don't want to be under there when it falls. Its huge and heavy.

2) I used ramps which gave great clearance and plenty of room to work under there with my creeper. Yes, drop the spare and leave it on the ground to give you more room - you'll have to do this in order to hang the rear brackets.

3) It took me 5-6 hours, only because I ran into a couple problems that wasted my time. One of the pipes was bent during shipping or from the factory, took time to rebend the opening to fit on the muffler. The other issue was the black OEM hanger that this pipe fit into needed to be bored out with a drill. I kept having to bore more out and refit.

Make sure you have someone help you align the tips and eyeball it for you fro m the back of the truck while you tighten things down.

I'm very pleased with the installed, love the sound.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Old 09-27-2005, 12:48 PM
Thanks for all the tips. I cant wait to do mine. If i have time I am going to photo the install and post a how to for the other members interested in putting this system on thier trucks. thanks again

Old 09-28-2005, 10:22 AM
Thanks for all the tips. I cant wait to do mine. If i have time I am going to photo the install and post a how to for the other members interested in putting this system on thier trucks. thanks again
That would be awesome if you could do that. Now we just need to have someone make a sound clip while crusing down the highway at say 75 mph or 65.

Old 09-28-2005, 09:55 PM
I have a good video camera and I will try to make some clips too!

My Magnaflow is here. I will install this weekend

Last edited by 05SilverFX4; 09-29-2005 at 12:03 AM.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:14 AM
I have a good video camera and I will try to make some clips too!

My Magnaflow is here. I will install this weekend
You're awesome! The clips I've been looking for are just cruising down the highway and average acceleration (shifting around 2500-3000 RPMs) to 60, not just ***** to the walls stuff. Of course flooring it will be loud and you'll hear it. Thanks again!!! Best of luck to you.

Do you go to Florida State? I used to go to USF in Tampa before I transfered up to the University of Minnesota when my family moved up here. Loved the warm weather and women down there. I'm going to try and get back before too long.

Thanks,

Duke

Old 09-29-2005, 10:18 AM
Duke, you WILL hear some of the exhaust cruising at 75mph. It's very quiet, but noticable. Not sure if it will show up in an video clip. It starts around 2K rpm and gets a little louder anything over that...

Old 09-29-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by dzervit
Duke, you WILL hear some of the exhaust cruising at 75mph. It's very quiet, but noticable. Not sure if it will show up in an video clip. It starts around 2K rpm and gets a little louder anything over that...
Is that the SIDO or SISO you're talking about or both? Because if you can quietly hear the SISO then you will definitely hear the SIDO. I don't mind slightly hearing it if I'm listening for it. But just to hear it flat out, as in the tone of normal music volume then I don't know if I'd be cool with that.

Quick Reply: 16614 just arrived