Gibson Super Truck Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gibson Super Truck Exhaust

Hey folks, Anyone hear or have any experience with this system....Looks cool I think...Any thoughts

http://www.autoanything.com/products...st_super_truck

Wayne

Old 04-02-2005, 09:14 PM
Never seen or heard one on a F150 or any Ford for that matter. A guy in my squadron has one on his Hemi Dodge. It is without a dought the best sounding exhaust I've ever heard. Too bad its on a POS Dodge... I don't know what it sounds like on the 5.4???

KC-10 FE out...

Old 04-03-2005, 11:53 PM
i heve the st exhaust. If you're looking for loud, this isn't the sysytem. It has seemed to have gotten louder over time, but is still quiet compared to others. But thats why i got it not too loud that it drones out the audio, or wakes up the neighbors. Nice low rumble, with performance benefits.

Old 04-04-2005, 07:37 PM
I have it. Sounds great IMO. I didnt want super loud, but it's definately louder than most.

I say go for it. I spent a long time finding the sound i wanted, and this is what i came up with.

Old 04-11-2005, 01:00 PM
i recommend the gibson ST exh. i put it on my 4.2L. granted i lost some low-end torque,being that it's such a short system and it's dual exit. the 4.2 doesn't create enuff backpressure to increase the low end.but the sound is awesome for a 6 cyl. has a nice low rumble tone. i love it. but like others have previuosly stated, if u want 'loud', look elsewhere. i honestly chose it because i didn't want the typical flowmaster(angree bee) sound. that most 6 cyl's create with duals... let us know what you decide to go with.

Old 04-14-2005, 12:58 AM
i like mine. but like these other guy's said, it's not as loud as some. even my chevy driven buddy liked the way it sounds.

Old 04-16-2005, 06:43 AM
Mine was OK for about 40K miles until corrosion destroyed it. Sounds is excellent but not loud. That's considering that I was running stock manifolds and cats. I was using the aluminized and I think SS is a good choice.

I am looking for a new muffler and I may go again with this one since I am going with headers and planning to change the cats. The sound level may improve and I am looking for that in the new system. I may look other brands, but performance is very important and I heard these Gibson's are well recommended for Ford Trucks.

Old 04-16-2005, 01:36 PM
I had a Supertruck on my '97 4.6 s-cab. System installed very easily, sounded good, but did drone while running down the highway. My only complaint, other than the cost, was that the inlet pipe cracked and broke out the front of the muffler after 15 months. Gibson would replace it for $100 basically, but I couldn't justify the cost after just a short time. If you do buy one, buy stainless steel, as Gibson told me they recommend the aluminized for California only. I personally don't think that the miniscule performance gains of aftermarket exhaust systems can justify the cost of any system. Don't buy anything but Stainless!

Old 04-17-2005, 02:02 PM
skutr is describing exactly what happened to mine. I've been checking some Magnaflows recently. We'll see what I finally purchase.

Quick Reply: Gibson Super Truck Exhaust