Rattlin' Noise = Exhaust Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rattlin' Noise = Exhaust Upgrade

I recently had a issue with my COP plugs and had to drive my engine on only 4 cylinders. while i did, since those four cylinders werent firing there was excessive gas buildup inside my exhaust system.

While driving on the freeway back to my house, while only running four cyclinders, I had HUGE backfires through my tailpipe that would engulff in big flames, kind of like a couple small explosions... my dad driving behind me said the flame ball flew about 15 feet out the back and almost caught the side hill embankment on fire!

The deal is, ever since then my exhaust system is rattling like crazy! I believe I maybe broke a couple welds INSIDE my catalyctic converter's or my muffler. I want to fix this, do you guys think my muffler or my cats lost the welds? or both? What should i do?

I was also planning a recent exhaust upgrade... i want to use my existing pipes and install a new magnaflow muffler... Does the magnaflow cat-back setup include the cats? or is it everything FROM the cats and back... because all the pictures show only a muffler and pipe.

Also i have a 2000 f150, and trying to see all the cats i have... i am unable at this time. Do i have a 2 cat system, or is their four cats on this style truck? if i have two cats can i replace both cats with one high-flow magnaflow cat instead?

Any ideas?

Old 02-10-2005, 05:19 PM
your truck has 2 cats and 2 pre cats.. i would suggest (since you dont know the shape their in) cut all four off and install (2) magnaflow oversized cats on. their pretty cheap and theres many posts about them being good. the exhaust system you mentioned does NOT include cats... just behind them to the tail pipe is included.

Old 02-10-2005, 05:33 PM
anybody know what sized magnaflow cat and muffler i need?

I have a 2000 ford f150 4.6L

looking for the exact magnaflow muffler that would fit this truck
and looking for the exact magnaflow high-flow catalytic converter
anybody have magnaflow part numbers?

and is their different magnaflow sound levels on their muffler, or are they all the same? I want a strong sound but not really loud in the cab, and smooth when I am driving, unless I step on it.

Old 02-11-2005, 03:11 AM
get Catco's their cheaper stock is 2.5" pipe. so get 2/5" cats

Quick Reply: Rattlin' Noise = Exhaust Upgrade