Gibson Super Truck exhast

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 11:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gibson Super Truck exhast

I was wondering if anybody knows if Gibson's super truck system sounds any good? I listened to the clip under the product reviews. Is this cat back one of the loudest? Just wondering if anyone knew or not. thanks.

Old 02-06-2005, 11:31 AM
got one on my 04 lariat its quiet at idle with a mild rumble on acceleration there not very loud if you want loud this is not the one for you

Old 02-06-2005, 03:01 PM
Never heard one on a F150 but a guy in my squadron has one on his 04 Hemi Ram. It sounds freaking awesome. To bad its on a Dodge...

KC-10 FE out...

Old 02-10-2005, 07:45 PM
cut off the gibson

i just cut off my gibson muffler and replaced it with a flowmaster 40 series. i still have the gibson tips but the flowmaster roar.

it's night and day. the sound rocks.

Old 02-10-2005, 10:46 PM
Had one on my truck. Won't buy another one. The sound was as loud as your foot could make it. I didn't care for the drone running down the highway though. My supertruck exhaust broke the front of the muffler out after 15 months of use. It wasn't stainless, so I could have ponied up more cash to Gibson to get another one. I decided my ego couldn't stand spending all that money on something that, imo, does little to increase performance. They do seem to increase low end torque. I put a glass pack on and it sounds as good, and performs as good as any $300-400 name brand system. If you do purchase a system, BUY STAINLESS STEEL! Gibson told me they do not recommend their aluminized systems to any state but California.

Old 02-11-2005, 03:12 AM
borla sounds good on F150's. and gibson sounds godly on the V10's

Old 02-11-2005, 06:12 AM
You're saying the super truck exhaust was loud? Everyone else says it is quiet.

Old 02-11-2005, 01:30 PM
Mines on order right now.... Should be here by here today, or monday...

I'll let you know how the sound is. I'm not looking for something that's deafening, but it is nice when you drop 345.00 on something, you'll notice a 345.00 difference.

I think if you want loud sound, go buy a flowmaster, take it to a muffler shop, and have them make custom pipes to come out in front of the rear tire.....

All i know is i love the look, I'll be changing out the tips with black chrome ones, and the sound is right up my alley. It's a really mellow low grogly sound.

I'll post some sounds on here in the next week or so so y'all can hear it and decide for yourself...

Old 02-15-2005, 12:26 AM
I just put one on my truck this past weekend. It made a huge difference from the stock sound. I like it and even my Chevy drivin' buddy had to admit that it was way better than before. I don't think you'll blow out any windows, but, it's an increase in sound for sure. Also, I should add that this was my first addition to my 97 4x4, 5-spd standard cab truck. Except for a Mossyoak camoflauge steering wheel cover (installed myself). My 2 bits.

Old 04-21-2005, 12:16 AM
Pre 2004 F150 Trucks:

On V8 engines only, the Gibson ST exhaust sounds exactly like the clip you heard which by far, IMO, has the most original 'race truck' tone out of all brands discussed on this site. You will like it Be aware that this does not include the 4.2L V6 (you will get more of a 'bumble bee' sound)

In terms of loudness, No, this is not the loudest of the different brands of exhausts, but it IS the loudest (significantly louder!) of the Gibson systems.

On the other hand, do expect a significant SOTP loss in your low end torque with engines less than the 5.4L. In other words, with this system, you will discover that you will have to throttle higher to maintain the same low end torque as you did with the stock exhaust. Especially if you tow or carry heavy loads in your bed, you wil really feel this loss during bumper to bumper traffic.

Hope this helps

Last edited by kaliscrew2k2; 04-21-2005 at 12:19 AM.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:32 AM
Mine corroded too soon. Not the loudest, but the sound is quality. I am planning on building a custom dual exiting in front of the tires with 4" 45º slash cut tips. Not decided yet on what muffler will buy.

Quick Reply: Gibson Super Truck exhast