Not muffler with straight pipes

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 08:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not muffler with straight pipes

I have a 2003 F150 with a 4.6L in it. I was thinking about taking the muffler completely off and running dual 2.25" pipes all the way out the back. I have two questions however; will this affect warranty? and/or will this hurt the trucks performance? I know it sounds good, but it's not always about the sound if it messes something up. Thanks,

DarrenK

Old 12-06-2004, 08:33 PM
we don't have to have a muffler in tennessee,but like he said your dealer probably wouldn'tlike that if somethin did happen that they could try and blame the exhaust on.it won't hurt the truck,i ran mine with true dual true straight pipes and 2" turn downs and it was just as quiet as if i had cats and a flowmaster.4.6's are still very quiet with straight pipes from the cats back.i'd just wait til the warranty runs out to do anything if i were you.

Old 12-06-2004, 11:05 PM
thats the exact setup i have on my 4.6 and i love the sound. Not horribly loud, but you definetely know its a V-8 when you punch the gas. Try it and see--if you dont like it, weld in a muffler

Old 12-07-2004, 05:35 AM
there you go.another good thing about straight pipes is if you have a saw you can cut the muffler off yourself and see what its basically gonna sound like and if you don't like it go get a muffler put on and you're out nothing.like i said we don't even have a db law here so it really doesn't matter unless you get on it right next to a cop or somethin.

Old 12-08-2004, 01:15 AM
well,atleastyours stays clamped on(i hope) my turndowns i keep clampin on won'tstay on.i would weld em but i'mout of gas,and i lost a brand new roll of wire.i'm fine with it til emission check time again.then i'll have to make it exit the truck somewhere.

Old 12-09-2004, 08:05 PM
well,mine stayed on for about a week,the other one is still on though.i was drunk when i lost it so i didn't notice.i lost one(the same one) goin through town one day and had to turn around run and grab it before somebody hit it.there just isn't much left to clamp to.i need to redo it and build an x pipe to replace the h i made for it.

Quick Reply: Not muffler with straight pipes