Imagine My Surprise...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2001, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Imagine My Surprise...

Well...
I was looking under the truck planning an exhaust upgrade when I peaked at the Ravin muffler I had installed several months ago at a local Midas shop. I had asked for a Z-55 (SI/DO). What I got was a Z-33. I really love the Ravin exhausts, but why did they have to go with a hack outfit like Midas. Hopefull they will discover their error and distribute their product to move vendors. I never was happy with the quality of the workmanship on the SI/DO system I got from Midas. In short, it was a terrible looking job ... welds were crap...hangers were crap...fit-up was crap... but the Ravin was nice. I talked extensively with the guy who did the job beforehand to make sure he appeared qualified and he talked a good game. Some guys can "talk the talk" but cant "walk the walk". Either that or I am a bad judge of character.

Well, at least I know what a Z-33 sounds like. If I were going for another SI/DO system, I would not hesitate to choose the Z-33. Frankly I thought it would be louder than it is. The tone is deep and mellow and no cab drone.

Well, I made my mind up. I want to go true duals with an X-pipe.
GDG

------------------
Stock Package: 2001 SuperCrew XLT, Silver, 5.4L, 4x4, 3.55 LS, Tow Package, 265x70x17, Sliding Rear Window,
Modifications: Tuff Spray-on Liner, JBA Headers Jet Black Coated, Ravin Z55 SI/DO Sideswept Catback, K&N FIPK with fabricated cold-air box and ram-air, SuperChip, ASP Pullies, 1" Thick Sheepskin seat covers (nice "seat-of-the-pants" feel!), Nerf Bars, PIAA Superwhites, 65W (9006) Fog Lights, Dual 14" Perma-Cool Fans w/ stock shroud, Baumann Shift Kit on Stage 4 with Sonnex Bypass Clutch control Valve, B&M Deep Trans Pan, Pillar mounted Autometer Ultra-Lite Water and Tranny Temperature Gages, Amsoil front to back, TPS Mod to 0.999, Custom ported TB.
Future mods - Roots Supercharger, modified sterio system

[This message has been edited by GoDogGo (edited 06-15-2001).]

Quick Reply: Imagine My Surprise...