Flowmaster 40 Series Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-1999, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Flowmaster 40 Series Installed!

Hello,

Finally just decided to go for the 40 series and hope they weren't to loud, and boy do they sound great!
They are quieter than I expected, but mabye it's because of the pipe after the mufflers?
It's a nice deep rumble at idle, and when u rev it, a nice loud crackle! Very Impressed.
The engine also was running a little cooler too.

Mad Dog

------------------
'79 F-150 Ranger,Lariat, 460,429 heads,2:73 gears, candy apple red, Flowmaster 40 Series, duals.

Old 09-05-1999, 08:04 AM
Thumbs up

Mad Dog: congrats on the muffler. I noticed you painted your truck candy apple red. Is this a true candy color??? What base color did you go with??? A long time ago I had a celica painted a blue candy with green metal flake base color. It was dark blue at night but auqa during the day. I'd like to have my truck painted, but ouch, the $$$$

------------------
97F150 XLT SC 4x4 Flairside 4.6 V8 5sp Dk Toreador Red, 3.55LS
ARE tonneau cover, p255/70rx16 tires (came w/235), Superchip
Pioneer CD w/4 Polk Speakers & Clarion APA5240amp, skid plates
bed liner, side window deflectors, reese hitch, K&N air filter
40s-2chamber Flowmaster, Bosch +4 spark plugs, rustproofing
Better Built Stainless nerf bars

Old 09-05-1999, 06:54 PM
Arrow

Tina:

I bought the truck already painted, from what I no, that's just the factory Ford color
name for that red, so it was repainted the original color. I know for a fact that in '68
it was called Candy Apple, and it looks like the same color. It's not a really bright red, but it's sweet looking!

Just curious how much u payed for your muffler(s)? I paid $120 each Canadian.

Thanks

------------------
'79 F-150 Ranger,Lariat, auto,460,429 heads,2:73 gears, candy apple red, Flowmaster 40 Series, duals,mags,lund roll pan.

Old 09-07-1999, 07:31 PM
Talking

muffler: $116 that was for the flowmaster, mandrell bent steel pipe out and labor to remove, bent new pipe and install. If you ever get a chance to see any "true" candy colors, you should. They are gorgeous. My dad, in his younger crazy days, used to custom paint raked out harleys. I remember one that had a silver metal flake base with areas masked out and painted candy purple and on the silver he did what was called spider webbing in black. The bike was a 1947 knuclehead, sharp!!

Quick Reply: Flowmaster 40 Series Installed!