svo headers

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-1999, 09:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post svo headers

Has anyone tried svo motorsport headers they are SS and only $285. That is a lot cheaper I wonder if the difference is really that great between them and JBA's. All thoughts and ideas appreciated.

hkr2b

Old 07-30-1999, 11:32 AM
hkr2b,
I heard that those headers were pretty good. Where can you get them for that price? I'm think of getting some and I like that price.

------------------
97 GREEN 4x2, 4.6L, S/C, Flareside
Mods: Westin chrome nerf bars, GTS bug deflector, 3 inch tapered body lift, 285 75 16's on stock rims, Super Chipped, Bilsteins Shocks, Flowmaster 50 series, Air Raid Filter, PLAT +4 Plug’s, Bedliner

Next: HEADERS

Old 07-31-1999, 06:51 PM
Thumbs up

Side Step go to www.oemfordparts.com they have all kinds of acc. Let me know if you get them, I would like to know what you think?
hkr2b

[This message has been edited by hkr2b (edited 07-31-1999).]

Old 08-01-1999, 03:15 AM
Question

I went to the website but I was unable to find headers....Are you sure you saw the correct part number for 97 and up 4.6L???
Thanks!!

------------------
98 Nascar Truck Owner
Superchip,WMS Racing Air Tube, 3" Magnaflow catback exhaust, Hellwig Rear Antisway bar:Email- tohigh4you@aol.com

Old 08-01-1999, 01:11 PM
Side Step
Go to the web site then click on svo motorsport parts then click on headers. Let me know if you have trouble.
hkr2b

Old 08-01-1999, 07:21 PM
Talking

tohigh4you, Side Step and hkr2b,
looking at the motorsport book, on page 68, part # M-9430-P46 is the part you are looking for. If you have any difficulty at all, just e-mail Jerry Cassels. He's at info@oemfordparts.com

Good luck to the three of you.

------------------
98 XLT SC Flareside 4.6, 3.55LS, loaded (no leather), ORP, chrome Smittybilt Outland, 2 KC lites, chrome diff cover, Ventshades, catback duals, Alpine CDw/Alpine 6-disc changer, Body Lift has arrived "The never ending project truck"

Old 08-01-1999, 08:11 PM
Tohigh4you
Yes I am sure that is the right place check out part# M-9430-P46 it is right there. Let me know if you can't find it.
hkr2b

Trending Topics

Old 08-01-1999, 10:58 PM
Smile

Thanks for email response!!!
I was kinda thrown for a loop at that website because they have a listing for 1997 F150 with a 5.0L....Anyways, I found it and Ive begun trying to find the best price...

------------------
98 Nascar Truck Owner
Superchip,WMS Racing Air Tube, 3" Magnaflow catback exhaust, Hellwig Rear Antisway bar:Email- tohigh4you@aol.com

Old 08-10-1999, 03:07 PM
I notice they are not legal for use on polution controled vehicles. JBA headers have the C.A.R.B. number and are legal.

Do the SVO headers have the EGR hook-up?

Old 08-11-1999, 01:09 PM
Smile

Dave R
Yes Dave the SVO headers do have the egr hookup. A friend of mine just installed them in about 5hrs and said there is not a lot of difference in the feel but it took 1sec off his time.
hkr2b

Old 08-11-1999, 08:57 PM
I could not find out whether or not SVO made headers for the F-150 when I was searching, and the local Ford dealer was no help either. That, and the fact that f-150online was having a group discount, is why I went with the JBA. JBA's are more expensive, I wonder if I'm paying for the CARB certification?

5 hours is what it took me also, so long as you don't count interuptions, phone calls, chasing down a 5mm socket.......

I wish I'd timed or raced my truck prior to the mods. I agree, it is difficult to feel a big difference but I know it gets up to speed much faster.

------------------
``````````````
'98 F-150 STX, 4.6L, 5 spd. reg. cab, short-bed, all black,... Line-X, Superchips, JBA headers. More to come.

Old 08-12-1999, 12:57 AM
Thumbs up

DaveR
Dave was the install pretty much normal was the fit good? One fellow told me he had to use a dremel on one side and do a little cutting? Were they smooth inside? And did you get the ceramic coated ones or just the SS.
hkr2b

Old 08-16-1999, 07:38 AM
The install went good.
I know the location he is talking about. It is on the pass. side. The motor mount is kinda long (i have a picture of it) I didn't have to trim it though. I thought I might to get a socket on the bolt, but it went. I didn't have to lift the engine. I used the bolts that came with the headers though. If you are trying to install on the factory studs you may have trouble getting the headers in place. I'm assuming that is why cujet needed to lift the motor.

I used the regular ss headers. The fit was good, the EGR could have lined up a little better but wasn't bad. There is one tube on the passenger side header that had a dimple in it for bolt clearance, aside from that they seemed fine.

I don't have the cab noise he is talking about either. I wonder if he has a leak and don't realize it? They do make a little more 'under the hood' noise when accelerating but I can't hear them at all when cruising.

------------------
``````````````
'98 F-150 STX, 4.6L, 5 spd. reg. cab, short-bed, all black,... Line-X, Superchips, JBA headers. More to come.

Old 08-16-1999, 07:33 PM
DaveR,
I just ordered the JBA's from the online store yesterday. I'm glad to hear your installation went rather smooth. I was alittle worried about jacking up the engine. (I had read cujet's post earlier also)I hope mine goes as well as yours, but since I got the silver ceramic coating for mine I guess I'll have to wait an extra couple of weeks to find out.
Jim

------------------
"jimmymac" '98 Lariat SC SB 4X4 5.4L ORP Dark Toreadore Red Air box mod, Gibson Sport Truck,Hop cap (for winter only) Penda-liner (cheap!) SUPERCHIPPED! Edelbrock IAS shocks on the way: Centerline "Fluted Star" 16X8 Billet wheels and BFG 285 75 16 All Terrain AT's and JBA Headers from F-150-online store jimmac@ismi.net

Old 09-04-1999, 06:24 AM
Talking

OK! here we go...JBA headers came last Thursday from online store...instalation starts this morning...wish me luck!!

BTW wheels and tires are on now too! (gotta update sig.

------------------
98 Lariat SC 4X4 ORP Tow 5.4L Superchipped...Edelbrock IAS...Gibson Sport Truck...K&N W/Airbox Mod...
ON THE WAY: Centerline Fluted Star Billet 16" Wheels and BFG 285 16 75 All Terrain AT...JBA Headers from 150 online store jimmac@ismi.net

Quick Reply: svo headers