Stock exhaust metal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-1999, 05:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stock exhaust metal?

Help me out. Someone (an avowed idiot I think) said the 97 F150 had a Stainless Steel exhaust system? I checked mine and this does not appear to be accurate. Muffler, tail pipe and post cat. pipe all magnetize. Rusting and discoloring as if reg.steel? Confirm to me if you will: What was the stock material? Must not be stainless on mine. Was any of the system? Have they changed it or is this guy just plain ignorant. I suspect the latter as he asked me the most stupid question a man can ask another (In front of his Wife no less!) Why do you want to change your exhaust? What an idiot! My reply was "BECAUSE I WANT TO!" Now I have to say, when one man asks another a question like that it is clearly motivated by jelousy. He might as well be saying "I hate you and I will say anything to get you in trouble because I can't do what you are doing and I am envious of you". What do you say Guy's and Girls? SS or not?

Old 08-18-1999, 07:46 PM
Exclamation

Put a magnet on it. SS has very little iron in it. It should not stick on SS. I doubt they used SS from the factory. Aluminized steel is the standard now. SS is too costly.

------------------
1999 F250 SD CC, LWB, 5.4L, Auto, 4x4, Power TT mirrors w/ marker lights installed, White, Full Tint, PendaPro SR,
Flowmaster Delta 40 series, open airbox w/ K&N filtercharger.

[This message has been edited by spaceace (edited 08-18-1999).]

Old 08-18-1999, 07:48 PM
Thumbs down

Stupid he is. My 97's exhaust wasn't stainless untill I changed it. Now I have a flowmaster 40 series cat back system that's stainless and sounds extremely mean.

------------------
JJ
97 F150 Lariat 4x2 4.6l V8 Wht/Blue Flowmaster 40s Cat back system, K&N Filter, DeeZee Bugshield and Vent Visors

Old 08-18-1999, 07:55 PM
JJHarris,

When did Flowmaster start making SS exhaust systems?

------------------
1999 F250 SD CC, LWB, 5.4L, Auto, 4x4, Power TT mirrors w/ marker lights installed, White, Full Tint, PendaPro SR,
Flowmaster Delta 40 series, open airbox w/ K&N filtercharger.

Old 08-18-1999, 08:05 PM
Sorry, the piping is stainless. I had it done at a local custom shop.

------------------
JJ
97 F150 Lariat 4x2 4.6l V8 Wht/Blue Flowmaster 40s Cat back system, K&N Filter, DeeZee Bugshield and Vent Visors

Old 08-20-1999, 12:36 AM
Yes, I did try the magnet. Thats what I ment by magnetized. Can't be SS. But can you realy belive the nerve of this guy to even have asked why? I've got to get a better quality of friends huh?

Quick Reply: Stock exhaust metal?