stock aint loud enough

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 12:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation stock aint loud enough

I need a louder truck. i need to know what will make my truck loud! i can't stand listening to the quite 4.6L engine. i will spend up to 400 on a good exhaust system that will increase sound and power, but mostly i want an agressive sound that will not just last during acceleration. Please Help.

Thanks, Cory
1998 F150
4.6L V8 XLT 4X4
EXT.CAB FLARESIDE :

Last edited by Patriottruck; 06-29-2004 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-28-2004, 01:10 AM
i can tell ya that true duals with no cats and no mufflers and 2.5 inch pipe and 4 inch tipes it is loud as hell and you will be very noticalbe out in your town with it

p.s it is illegal as hell were im from and i still do it

Old 06-28-2004, 02:04 PM
Have a "cut-out" welded to your exhaust system before your muffler. They cut a hole in the side of the pipe then weld a few inches of pipe to that with a cap held on with 2 bolts. Run it open or bolt it closed for legal matters. It shouldn't cost one tenth of your budget.

Old 06-28-2004, 07:34 PM
cut out your factory muffler have straight pipe welded in, or if you want dual tailpipes installed, install a Y pipe. Your muffler guy can make one easy. Will make a really good throaty sound that will turn heads easily and shouldnt cost over 200 (no spending 60+ dollars for a dam muffler!)
If thats not loud enough, start on your 4 cat converters!!

Old 06-30-2004, 08:14 PM
If you look at the "muffle removal" forum, Way Fast Witey says that you lose a little power and that having a 4.6 with no muffler and a straight pipe (in my case a y pipe) is still not very loud. I know it's an opinion but is it REALLY LOUD with a y pipe installed and no muffler, or is it only a little louder? And when he says "loses power" is he full of crap? Check the forum and get back to me.
Thanks, Cory

Old 07-04-2004, 02:57 PM
you'll probably not gain as much power just takin the muffler off,you'll still gain over stock,that's what i meant by that.and i have a 5.4 so i don't know how a 4.6 reacts to just takin off the muffler,y-in to dual outlets.you might as well try though,if you don't like it you can always go back and throw on a muffler.you only lose a little low end when you take off andything causing backpressure,when you lose more backpressure you gain top end performance though.if you don't like it without a muffler i suggest a flowmaster 40 if you want a good aggresive tone

Quick Reply: stock aint loud enough