JBA headers and Gibson dual sport install

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JBA headers and Gibson dual sport install

Its done,
I just finished with the install of my headers and exhaust on my 03 Screw. Let me tell you the headers were a b@#$$%!!!!!! If anyone plans on doing a set, paitence will be a virtue as it took me 2 full days to do the exhaust and headers. They fit fine with no trimming or grinding. I am not a wrench by trade so times might vary. There is a very noticable improvement in the low end and when it kicks down. It also has an awesome rumble that is not too loud, but loud enough for people to notice. Worth the price and busted knuckles.

Old 03-30-2004, 01:22 AM
I just bought EdelBrock Chrome nickel plated SS shorty headers from Summit and will add them to pair up with my single pipe Borla exhaust and MAC Cold air induction up top.Since I run my 4x4 5.4 at over 7000 feet in Colorado I want every ounce of power available, not for show!!The way it was explained to me- the OHC triton only makes real HP at high RPM at high air flow and thats when the headers can move air...At low RPM, torque is more evident and as truckmeisters , we need that too. Hopefully since there is less air in my realm- headers will move it better than stock!!!We'll see..( I also have a Diablo Performance chip in the box...)

Old 03-31-2004, 05:12 AM
did you remove the inner fenders to put the headers in? seems like you would beable to see everything with them out.

Old 03-31-2004, 07:04 PM
Absolutly,
I took off the inner fender wells and the tires. Also my truck has a six inch lift and I think that helped also.

Quick Reply: JBA headers and Gibson dual sport install