Installing headers and cat back.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Installing headers and cat back.

I am going to install JBA headers and Gibson cat back on my lifted Screw, anyone have any good install tips?

Old 03-12-2004, 12:21 PM
headers

not sure if same as 97 f150 but if it is, on mine i had a hard time fitting them in and had to trim off upper tabs on a arm mounting points quite a bit, half inch to nothing on a taper. other than that they were well worth it for the diff in mileage and power.

Old 03-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Why did you go with Jb headers and not Gibson??? I put the whole Gibson system on my 97 and it was a breeze, no cutting, bending,banging, etc. Only problem I have is that I did not get stainless and they look like **** but they have been on 3 or more years now in New England

Old 03-13-2004, 10:22 AM
JBA headers.

I went with JBA mainly because the guy that sold them told me said that they have better spacing between the pipes, better welding, machined flanges and better hardware and gaskets than the gibson, because I asked the same question. But after reading some of the posts I will be curious to see how mine fit up. They are being built right now and I won't get them for another week or so, I'll let you know how it goes when I get them in.

Old 03-16-2004, 10:56 PM
WLF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jhayner,
I have a set of JBA shorty ceramac coated headers in the garage waiting for me to get time to install. If you put yours on first then post the experiance so I know what to expect.

Old 03-17-2004, 12:38 PM
Hey,
Just ordered my JBA Titanium ceramic headers. Has anyone installed these on a 5.4 yet? Any suggestions on making the install easier would be appreciated.

02 F150 Super Crew Lariat FX4
5.4L 3.55LS
Roush Cold Air Intake /w K&N Filter
Flowmaster Cat Back
Rancho RSX's /w Steering Stabilizer
Hellwig Rear Anti Sway
Hella 550's
Outland Sport Grill Guard

Quick Reply: Installing headers and cat back.