Exhaust exit ....locations???

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 02:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Exhaust exit ....locations???

I posted this in the other Exhaust forum also:

I have a flowmaster system with si/do coming straight out the rear. The chrome tips after 3 yrs are rusting from the edges back and I am replacing them with some 18" stainless ones. I was thinking of taking them from straight out the back to off to the side a bit. This would dump the exhaust tips out in front of the corners of the bumpers and farther back than the factory side location.
Has anyone exited there exhaust in this location? I dont want them straight out the sides and would like to change from straight out the back as everyone has them this way. The other reason is I am towing trailers more often and dont want my exhaust pouring straight back on them in the process.
Any pics would be appreciated so I can decide before Thurs when my new tips arrive.

Old 03-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a guy in my hometown that has his exhaust run right in front of the rear bumper, it comes out at an angle and it sounds excellent, IMO. It definitely looks different, too, I'll try to get some pics this week sometime.

Old 03-09-2004, 10:27 PM
Pickup Man,
That sounds like exactly where and how I want to do it. A pictures or pictures would be greatly appreciated. The guy doing the system is the one who did it for me in the first place and he is willing to exit them out where I want them. He wont even charge me for new pipes to switch it to the side. Since the tips rusted he cut me a deal...I pay for new tips of my choice and he will do any install and welding for free. I guess it pays to stop by and talk with him alot. I just hate to have it done and not like the look and make him switch it back.

Any pics would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Thumbs up

2000FordStyle

Flowmaster has a kit for what you want to do. The tips come out at the rear corners right by the bumper and are 3" SS. The kit is #17226. I put it on my truck...sounds and looks great. Received many compliments on it. I'll try to post pics.

F150 Super Crew Lariat FX4
5.4L 3.55 LS
Roush Performance Cold Air Intake /w K&N
Flowmaster Cat Back Kit 17226
Rancho RSX's /w Steering Stabilizer
Hellwigs Rear Anti Sway
Hella 550's
Outland Sport Bumper Guard

Old 03-10-2004, 04:18 PM
02SUPRCRUE,
Thanks for the reference to part number. I already have everything installed for the system but just needed the rear changed a bit. The 17226 system is how I want it to look when finished. I did a search on the part number and found a drawing of the system and there it is exactly how I want it. I located the drawing here:
http://www.bestautopartsonline.com/f...ord%20f150.htm

The first drawing shows mine now...the second shows how I want it changed to.

A actual installed pic on your truck would be great when you get a second to do it. Drawings and the actual end product can be 2 totally different things. We already ordered the 3" diameter stainless tips to do it as well as the shop has some pieces of stainless we can cut in for the tips to angle outwards. A picture would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-12-2004, 11:21 PM
Buy some stainless tips. This is how I did mine.

Quick Reply: Exhaust exit ....locations???