Straight Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 11:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Straight Pipe

Hey there,
I have an 87 4.9 liter f-150. I put my own dual exhaust on there, I just split it after the rear end. And i put a glasspack in place for the muffler. But i need some more loudness to the exhaust. Is it worth it to go to a ehaust shop and tell them to cut out the glasspack and put in a straight pipe in place for it? Also, when i was doin this exhaust, i just cut the muffler out and was runnin it like that, so my exhaust just ended like right after the cab, it was loud, but my friends said you could tell something was wrong, would it still sound like something was wrong even with the exhaust setup finished? That might be kind of confusing, but hopefully you get the point. And what are the ups and downs of puttin a stright pipe in place of the muffler? Thanks for your help
-Matt

Old 03-08-2004, 10:57 AM
i cut the SIDO muffler off my catback and had a piece of stragiht pipe welded in. I wish i had done that in the first place instead of buying a 60 dollar muffler cause it sounds so much better. Id say pay 25-30 dollars and cut your muffler out. If you dont like it, which you probley will, go with turndowns. It will be louder.

Old 03-09-2004, 12:55 PM
I like the idea of straight dual pipes going to hollow echo chambers, the dumping at the rear axle. it be damn load and give you some back pressure to improve driveability over straighte pipe that sounds like theres something wrong.

Quick Reply: Straight Pipe