Good exhaust on a 4.6

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good exhaust on a 4.6

Hey everyone,
I hope this isn't a dead horse that i am trying to beat. Any recommendations on what exhaust sounds good with the 4.6 V8 I don't want a lot of in cab noise but i had a gibson on my old truck that was not loud enough. Hope you can help.
thanks
Matt

Old 11-04-2003, 06:18 PM
cut out the muffler and have a Y pipe welded in with dual tips out the back. Sounds great! And if you ever need to weld in a muffler, its easy to do.

Old 11-06-2003, 05:51 PM
Cool Dual Exhaust

There are many opinions on exhaust. My setup involves a 1998 F-150 SCAB with a 4.6 V-8. I had it dualed out (True dual) without mufflers. It was too blatty sounding for me so I went with some Glasspack looking Turbo Mufflers. It was pretty mellow with a nice rumble (not quite as loud as I wanted though). I recently had a H-Pipe put in and was surprised at the mileage difference. I went from 18MPGs coming to work (Mixed Highway/City) to 19.5 MPGs on the same run. The H-Pipe mellowed the exhaust note a little more, but it still sounds good. I am thinking about going with louder mufflers in the near future. A previous reply mentioned about cutting the muffler off and putting in a Y pipe to have dual outlets. I had that setup on a 95 F-150 with a 302 and it had to be one of the best sounding exhausts that I have ever had. A little loud, but not blatty.

Just my experience!!

Old 11-07-2003, 11:11 PM
I've just ordered a Magna-Flow 3" tail pipe and a S/S 7" dia muffler to go with it for my 2003 4.6L F150. What I would like to do is to cut and cap the "T" intersection on the passenger side down pipe (from the drivers side) and add an elbow to the drivers side down pipe to allow a true "Y" to be added in front of the muffler. Probably I'll just purchase Magna-Flow's intermediate pipe for now, much simpler.

Old 11-10-2003, 06:01 PM
Go with a Magnaflow catback system! I have the dual exhaust system on my Mustang and love it! Get it for $300 at www.fulllineexhaust.com

Old 11-19-2003, 06:43 PM
Exhaust

I just have to recommend Flowmaster. I have a custom system that my muffler shop installed and I LOVE it.

It's a cat back system, single in, dual out and ends in dual 3 1/2" chrome tips. It really sounds awesome.

They have a 50 SERIES SUV Performance muffler "a larger version of Flowmaster's 50 Series muffler and is specially designed for trucks and SUVs. This version of the 50 Series muffler features a special tuning chamber which reduces interior resonance and its larger 5" x 10" case for improved sound control and optimum exhaust flow, " so says Flowmaster.
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/cg...ml?id=xVbfBqAK

Flowmaster tech support is great as far as helping you choose the system you're looking for.

Old 11-19-2003, 07:48 PM
love my magnaflow, wont buy anything else

Quick Reply: Good exhaust on a 4.6