pulsing exhaust sound

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2001, 01:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face pulsing exhaust sound

here is what happened, when i first got my truck i noticed a pulsing sound coming from my exhaust. nothing to annoying as it only happens around 2200 rpms. simple slower or faster gets rid of it. a few months later installed a flowmaster catback, problem gone. that led me to believe it was something with the muffler. last week i installed my 3" body lift, and instead of leaving my pipes hanging 3" below my bumper i decided to raise it up, put an elbow on it and pipe it out the side (behind rear wheel) instead of straight out the back. as a result of this my exhaust change fairly dramaticly, more low end torgue (glad to see back!), but the sound of the system isnt as loud. and you guessed it the pulsing sound has come back! this would again lead me to believe that it has to be caused by backpressure, the sound isnt heard now until about 2700 rpms and isnt quite as noticable, but it annoys me that its there. any ideas would help. i will post this in "exhaust" also, didnt know if this was just related to the v6ers or not. THANKS!

------------------
$98 black 4.2l 4x4 5spd
$superchip
$50 series flowmaster
$profile bug guard
$airbox mod
$A/R bajas 16.5x9.75
$BFG's AT/KO 33x12.50

Quick Reply: pulsing exhaust sound