Ravin Exaust on Excursion Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2000, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ravin Exaust on Excursion Question

I have a 2000 Ford Excursion with the 5.4 Triton that I am interested in adding the Ravin catback exaust to. My question is the stock system has a 3in pipe from the cat back to the muffler.Do I need to replace it or can I just add the Ravin muffler? Will I get the same performance? Also what series would you reccomend?
Thanks,Michael

Old 10-11-2000, 10:38 PM
You can simply replace the muffler with a Ravin. That would be easy, simple, quick, and effective.

Most buy a cat back "system" to increase pipe diameter (I have done this when adding headers for example), and/or get a "bolt on" custom fit or change in design, and/or because that is what is sold by a specific manufacture as a package. Others may add to this.

IMO for an Excursion a Z55 model. If your interested in adding performance I would also suggest you look into air intake systems. Most popular is the K&N Gen II and the Air Raid.

------------------
2001 F150 SuperCrew, 5.4 V8, 4X4, Amazon Green, loaded to the max, K&N Gen II Cold Air Induction, Ravin Z55 Performance Exhaust, Line-X.

Old 10-12-2000, 04:40 PM
Talking

Meyre1-
You may want to consider the Z77 series, they were developed for the SUV's. They are supposed to have little to no tone, but the drastically improve performance. If you want a little tone, try the 55's and for a loud mello tone try the 33's. It is all up to you.

Quick Reply: Ravin Exaust on Excursion Question