Just want it LOUD!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-1999, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Just want it LOUD!!

I just purchased a '00 F-150 and want to upgrade the exhaust. I have the 4.6L and would like more mid to low end power. Haven't decide dual or single exhaust yet, but I'm not picky. I would like it to have a sound that will get everyones attention driving down the road (except for the boys in blue). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, it has to be California legal. Are SUPERTRAPPS Cali. legal? Thanx

------------------
2000 F-150, XLT, 4X2, Ext. Cab, S/B, 4.6L, 3.55 L/S, Tow Package, Power Everything.

Future Mods: K&N FIPK, Performance Chip, Exhaust, Spray-on Bed Liner, Nerf Bars, Billet Grill, White Faced Gauges, Suspension Lift, 35 Inch Tires, Fiberglass Fenders, Pre-runner Bumpers, and Probably Lower Gearing

Old 12-09-1999, 04:27 PM
Gibson Super Truck.

------------------
97 F-150 SC Lariat, Styleside, White over Gold, 4.6L (Windsor), Automatic, 3.55 rear end, electronic 4X4, w/ every option of Lariat and ORP packages except the 17" wheels (I even got the OR decals now!), MOD's so far: K&N air box mod, Gibson Super Truck, clear Bugflector II, Leer TSC 600 hard cover, Bridgestone Dueler OWL ATP 265/75 R-16's, TrailMaster Invader N7 shocks, Smittybilt step bars, Ford moulded mud guards, "White-white" head lamps, Cloud Rider Design's SS Grill and bumper opening "Summer Grill's", Bosch platinum + 4's.

Old 12-10-1999, 07:32 PM
Exclamation

Borlas are pretty loud also.

Old 12-18-1999, 01:35 AM
Just cut off your muffler, thats what I did and it sounds great and its cheap and its about as loud as it can get. It cost me 14 dollars for the pipe to replace the spot where the muffler was.

Old 12-18-1999, 10:18 PM
Gibson Super Truck - deep rumbly loud sound.
highly recommended.

------------------
1997 F150 flareside ; Belltech lowered 3" front, 4" rear ,KYB shocks, Gibson Supertruck exhaust, JBA Headers, TransGo shift kit, Superchip (thanks Mike),Airaid FPIK, Ford Expedition center console, White guages. Soon to be 4:10 gears , Vortech supercharger and lightning rims ( if they can ever be available!)

Old 12-20-1999, 09:09 AM
Thats two votes for Super Truck! Anyone else?

475!

------------------
97 F-150 SC Lariat, Styleside, White over Gold, 4.6L (Windsor), Automatic, 3.55 rear end, electronic 4X4, w/ every option of Lariat and ORP packages except the 17" wheels (I even got the OR decals now!), MOD's so far: K&N air box mod, Gibson Super Truck, clear Bugflector II, Leer TSC 600 hard cover, Bridgestone Dueler OWL ATP 265/75 R-16's, TrailMaster Invader N7 shocks, Smittybilt step bars, Ford moulded mud guards, "White-white" head lamps, Cloud Rider Design's SS Grill and bumper opening "Summer Grill's", Bosch platinum + 4's.

Old 12-22-1999, 04:33 PM
SUPERTRUCK!!! Sounds BAD! I lost a little on the low end, but gained a significant increase on the highway. FYI, most systems (especially the louder ones - less backpressure) actually lose low end power over the stock system, but the mid to high end increase is well worth it.

------------------
99 XLT Black Ex-cab, Flareside, 5.4, ORP, 3.73, Gibson Supertruck, K&N, Superchip, Raised front 1", Modified Airbox, Slap-Free Motor at @19k

Old 12-22-1999, 09:09 PM
Another you might want to consider is Flowmaster 2-chamber's. You could just have your stock muffler cut out and the Flowmaster put in...or have a cat-back made out of it at the muffler shop (bet it would be cheaper than ordering a system too). I havent heard a Gibson in person..but let me tell you..2 chambers sound wicked!! Ive heard them in sizes from 2.5" up to 4" and they all sound VERY deep and mean. At idle they have a deep big-block sound and during acceleration they sound super throaty! You'd be ok with the Law as long as you didnt go over 3"...a single is plenty to get the sound i think you want. Flowmaster's also flow great for the upper power range and make good torque down low. Nothing sounds meaner in my opinion..and I live for fast muscle cars and drag racing!

Hope you like whatever you choose!
DS

Old 12-24-1999, 01:33 AM
Try a Flowmaster with echo tubes. I run Dynomax and its plenty loud fer me.

------------------
97 F-150 4.6 auto, 4x2, 3.55 LS, WMS Velocity tube, K&N, Dynomax Super Turbo exhaust with Echo tube.
Oh yeah, it's Oxford White with crome wheels, Legacy shell & custom grill!

[This message has been edited by mlaugh (edited 12-24-1999).]

Old 12-24-1999, 08:41 PM
Thumbs up

I had the 40series 2 chamber Flowmaster cat-back on the beast. It does sound great It was a 4.6 5speed and when shifting, it really growls and rumbles. There's another thread here where some think the 40 series is just to loud,(and for some it is) but I loved it

Old 01-03-2000, 01:54 PM
Wink

Bones,

power and db volume...it all depends on what you want to spend and if you want to keep it emissions legal. You can find Headers with CARB #'s, those would be CA. emissions legal, then high flow cats, and Flowmasters, depending on how loud you want it, Flowmaster makes several diff. models with various levels of sound/power output. I'm going to be putting headers/high flow cats/flowmasters on my truck, I also had a 92 T-Bird w/5.0HO with the same setup, it was downright nasty sounding....small children would run for mamma....LOL, have fun.

Old 01-14-2000, 10:28 PM
If you want something to get someones attention put some true duals, not of that y ****...straights, I had that on my truck (4.6) and got everyones attention, it was loud, and it sounded mean. The boys in blue never messed with me, but I guess thats because I live in arkansas.

Quick Reply: Just want it LOUD!!