Excursion

Daba 50 Solid front axle HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Daba 50 Solid front axle HELP!!!!

Apparenty I fail at anger typing... Dana 50 not Daba 50

Hey, I have a Dana 50 solid beam front axle in my 01 excursion. I need help figuring out the correct components to rebuild the differential.

When I opened it up it was a catastrophe and I am doubting some info I got about rebuilding it.

Does this axle use shims or a crush sleeve to set pinion preload?

I have found info stating that you use a crush sleeve and other info stating you need to use shims. The D50 install kit I got (called and ordered for my excursion specifically) came with no carrier shims, no crush sleeve, no oil baffles and no oil slinger!?!?!?

I dont even know what components I need now as everythign was in pieces when I took it apart and I had to torch some parts out.

I am sooo confused and find so much conflicting information on the internet.

There is the dana 50 IFS TTB (used on older than 99 trucks and the solid front axle dana 50 and the dana 60 that was used in the later superduties. All of the excursions had the Dana 50 solid up front until the excursion was discontinued in '05.

Does anyone have some solid information on this axcle and how to set it up correctly? If I could find the info or parts diagram this would be easy.

I called dana/spicer and got all the proper torque values and preload and backlash settings and they said it had a crush sleeve.

I pulled out a very long sleeve about 3 inches long that LOOKS like a crush sleeve but Im not sure. My kit didnt come with one. The crush sleeves Ive always seen look like a thick wedding ring.

My install kit came with pinion shaft shims and I think its the wrong kit.

HELP!>??

THANKS!!

Roger

Last edited by roger200x; 02-28-2015 at 08:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Daba 50 Solid front axle HELP!!!!