Excursion

Window Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2001, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Window Rattle

I purchased a brand new 2000 Excursion XLT about a month ago. I mostly drive in the city so was suprised when I took it on the highway about a week later. When I hit about 65 both my front windows (drivers and pass.) started to rattle. Three visits to the dealership later they still do it. Anyone else have this problem?

I have the monster mirrors and I think this might be the the cause....

Old 04-18-2001, 10:03 PM
Hey, welcome to F150 online, its an awesome site with TONS of info on our trucks. That sucks that your Excursion's windows rattle, i have about 25k on mine now and one small rattle that i only hear when im goin about 75mph, its somewhere in the dash. I hope mine dont get this window rattle. Is it when the windows are up or down, or what? What did the dealership say they did about it? Havent got to talk to too much people on how they like their Excursion, how do you like yours so far? I only wish more owners were on this site to find out more info on mods ect. for this awesome truck.

Brian

------------------
98 F150 XLT Supercab 4X4
4.6L V8 3.55LS
Tonno Cover, Brush Guard, Dukes of Hazzard Dixie Horn, 2 150 watt KC Daylighters, Cobra CB Radio
http://hometown.aol.com/barto24/brianstruck.html
--------------------------
2000 Excursion Limited 4X4, Black, V-10, 3.73 LS, Tow Mirrors

Old 04-18-2001, 10:27 PM
I love my truck except for the window rattle. It happens when the windows are up. The dealership has had it 4 times now. I just got it back again today and it still happens. The dealership agrees with the problem and are talking to Ford about it. So far the dealership has re-adjusted the windows, replaced the window track, replaced the seal around the window, put insulation inside the door including foam tape and today's attempted fix of tinting the window "to give them an extra layer in insulation" and wind deflectors to try and divert the air..... still does it
Next step is Ford Head Office who will coming in next week to take it for a spin.

This is my 3rd Ford - 97 F150 XLT SC V6 - 99 F150 XLT 4.6 V8 Sport - and now my Excursion. Both were great trucks and no window rattle and I guess that's why I'm so disappointed now.
And to top it off, Gas hit 80 cents a litre today or about $2.50 a gallon.

Old 04-18-2001, 11:03 PM
Oh man, $2.50 a gallon up in canada? What engine do you have in yours? I cant wait till the end of this summer here when they say gas prices will be at about $3.00 a gallon. Now its about $1.70 a gallon. Oh well i guess you gotta pay to drive sweet trucks. and hope you get your window rattle fixed, id be pissed off too. good luck.

Old 04-21-2001, 06:22 AM
Barto... I have the V10 3.73 4X4 in Arizona Beige and the gas prices really **** me off too...

Quick Reply: Window Rattle