Excursion

why did they stop making them?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
Maybe you didnt get my point... I very mush dislike the H2s and almost hate the H3s

H1s all the way. Ive ridden in one way back in middle school it was soo nice. It was a wagon, huge truck and it was 4 captains chair with a continous flow through center console...
-Patrick
I've always had a thing for the H2, But yeah I will say the real boss is the H1, H3s.... pathetic...

Old 10-11-2006, 07:22 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Same reason my favorite was killed back in '96. Ford can be retarded.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Well guys on average an Excusrion sold new in the high 50's more or less a few months later to a year their value was at about half of that or less all the ones I have come accrossed here in Illinois were around mid to low 20's now talk about depreciation. I wouldn't have one if it was even given to me.

H2 = Over rated glorified B O X on a Tahoe/Yukon chassis thats 20k more than a Tahoe/Yukon. GM will never get it right.

PS. Long rest in pieces Camaros and Firebirds. I know the camaro is coming back but come one they butchered that too.

Last edited by SuperSport1985; 10-11-2006 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:57 AM
I am with you Adrianspeeder. Ford had their head up their backside when they killed the Bronco. I kept hearing rumors in the late 90's that it was returning on the F-150 or the superduty platform. We all saw the old 60-70's concept autoshow pictures. Then I hear that is changed to a SCION type box van concept. Come on Ford get a clue. I am a Ford man. But I now own a Jeep Wrangler since Ford no longer makes one and the older Broncos are in the price range where a late model Wrangler is not much more and the Wrangler has a solid front axle. Sorry to derail the thread like everyone else. But it shows that Ford's current woes are from not producing vehicles that people want to buy besides the trucks and Mustangs. It is almost like the Simpson's episode when Homer's brother, Danny Devito had Homer design a car.

Old 10-13-2006, 12:26 PM
Owning an 02 Ex with the 7.3PSD 4x, living in California, the tree-huggers were the demise of the Ex, they sell like hotcakes, and when Ford said they were disc. them they were flying of the lots. I get on avg. here in the mtns.(big mtns.) actually "the wife" gets about 16-18 and on the flats when we take a trip, just went to TX in July, get 20-22 depending on how fast ya wanna get there. But living in CA for a few years, well lets just sufice to say there is a lot of treehuggers here and a do what I say, not what I do attitudes here. The Expys get the same mileage as the Exs, but "there not as BIG" and they hurt little cars when they crash into them, darn right I say, and my wife and kids are SAFE in our big'ol Ex!!! People ask how can you drive such a gas hog, and when I show them my book and the mileage they are amazed! "I didn't know it did that good!!" they say, I have actually helped a few people shop for them after they saw/heard and drove mine. And it tows our 25' toyhauler like a dream! and I get 10-12 towing. Check out ford-trucks.com

Old 10-13-2006, 11:40 PM
here!here!

Old 10-14-2006, 10:57 AM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
But actually I think it was killed to force the sales of the new expedition. Bronco was killed IMO to force sales of the exploder back in the day.

Adrianspeeder

Old 10-14-2006, 11:11 AM
who knows why they did it, but now they're pushing people back into trucks for diesels, and SUVs for comfort. we bought ours to tow with the diesel, and bring people with us when we tow our boat... and when its time to replace, my dads looking at superdutys, so whoever comes with us later will be driving in their own car talk about a waste of gas?

Old 10-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Tbird69
This kind of thing bothers me, GM has been taking the same heat over the H2 but because of it's popularity they keep right on building them. It amazes me how sometimes the voices of the few can decide for the many.
Yeah, and now it's the non-majority rules! Well, here in CA, we don't see many excursions or other big trucks on the road. And the H2 our govenator owns a couple of them....

Old 10-19-2006, 10:22 PM
Hell look what happend with conversion vans not many out there.

Old 10-29-2006, 12:24 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
there sure are alot of conversion vans still being sold. Chevy has had a big van with conversion package with a flat panel 20" monted in the roof canopy, out at the statefair of texas. Sure you dont see them as daily drivers any more, but they are out on the highways.
-Patrick

Old 10-31-2006, 09:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
to add to the excursion discussion
my mom had an 01 Excursion Limited PSD 4x4
it had over 200k miles on it & you wouldnt know unless you looked at the odom.
never had ONE single problem with it
never had brake job or anything & we still towed with it constantly
& when we traded it in 05 with 203k miles the dealership gave us 17500 for it
wish we could of found a new one but couldnt find any limited 4x4 psds & if you found any psd 4x4s they were eddie bauers & the interior of those suck if you ask me
I still cant believe ford stopped production of the excursion
it was a true suv. it could tow just about anything & carry 8 passengers very comfortably...with a great amount of cargo space in the back.
i remember we would hook up the boat.
throw in coolers & luggage & all that & then carry 8 people & go to the river.

Old 11-05-2006, 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by SuperSport1985
Well guys on average an Excusrion sold new in the high 50's more or less a few months later to a year their value was at about half of that or less all the ones I have come accrossed here in Illinois were around mid to low 20's now talk about depreciation. I wouldn't have one if it was even given to me.
You're joking right? MSRP would reach 52k-53k in the end but would sell for much less, unless it was an uneducated buyer. Mine listed for just under $53k and I paid no where near that. Almost 3 years later it's still not at half the original MSRP. Do they have a strong resale? No way. But you're stretching it waaayyyyy out, unless you're compaering resale of a 5.4 Excursion to the MSRP of a hard loaded 6.0 4X4.

Although there are some good comments, this thread is good for a chuckle though. Oh, the H3? Looks like Jeep Liberty with fender flairs. LOL There are so many H2's and now H3's around here it's not even funny. I can drive 2 miles to the store and I bet I'll see at least 2-3 in at least 2 different colors. H3's are hard to look at without laughing unless it's a young girl driving it.

Quick Reply: why did they stop making them?