Excursion

looking for better tires...

Old 11-12-2005, 07:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for better tires...

Before anyone flames me, I did try a search for replacements on the excursion, but did'nt find much... When my wife and I got our new 'scursion, (used) it came with pirelli scorpion M+S mounted all around. Now I now what M+S stands for, but to be honest, my sons stroller has more aggressive tread than those. The northeast winters are known to be a tad snotty, so.... would I be better to swap out and get some more aggressive sneakers, or are the Pirelli's a miracle tire? Thanks guys for the help. So far, we LOVE our 'scursion... she sure is a sweet beast!

Old 11-13-2005, 12:53 AM
Look at Bridgestone Revo's. I have 285's now with about 24k on them and they are probably 80-95% still. Awesome tire for all road condition, but great on wet and from what little snow and ice (I tried to get into all I could in Colorado) they were awesome there too.

Look good and perform even better!!!

These pictures are about 1-2 months ago, so about 23k miles on them.

Last edited by FamilyRide; 11-13-2005 at 01:09 AM.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:23 PM
I Had Very Good Luck Out Of A Set Of Kelley Safari Awr Tires, They Offer A Variety Of Load Ranges On These Tires Also. They Are A All-terrain Type, Got Around 47,000 Miles On Them Before They Were Replaced. They Were On A Half Ton 4x4.

Old 12-06-2005, 07:25 PM
Hey Family R- I did a search for tires (through Sears) and found the "Bridgestone Dueler APT" but no A/T's. I'm guessing this is Sears version of the same tire? I'm kind of torn between the Bridgestones, and the BF Goodrich A/T's. The A/T's are $40.00 (per tire) more expensive, and have no mileage warranty. I guess if the APT's are the same as your's (Revo's) I'll go with them....

Old 12-06-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by S-crew03
Before anyone flames me, I did try a search for replacements on the excursion, but did'nt find much... When my wife and I got our new 'scursion, (used) it came with pirelli scorpion M+S mounted all around. Now I now what M+S stands for, but to be honest, my sons stroller has more aggressive tread than those. The northeast winters are known to be a tad snotty, so.... would I be better to swap out and get some more aggressive sneakers, or are the Pirelli's a miracle tire? Thanks guys for the help. So far, we LOVE our 'scursion... she sure is a sweet beast!
You can read people's reports at The Tire Rack http://www.tirerack.com/index.jsp on all these tires...I found the best deal on great tires there and bought them local here for 948.00app Canadian complete balanced and installed...They are 265/70/17 Firestone Destination A/T's ... Pictures on my photo gallery...They are working out great..good in snow, rain, dry roads and quiet running as well...Seemed to help my gas mileage as well...Run tire pressure at 40 PSI

Hope this helps you...

Old 12-07-2005, 08:45 PM
Sweet Tires

Old 12-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by S-crew03
Hey Family R- I did a search for tires (through Sears) and found the "Bridgestone Dueler APT" but no A/T's. I'm guessing this is Sears version of the same tire? I'm kind of torn between the Bridgestones, and the BF Goodrich A/T's. The A/T's are $40.00 (per tire) more expensive, and have no mileage warranty. I guess if the APT's are the same as your's (Revo's) I'll go with them....

I don't think those are the same. Bridgestone Dueler REVO A/T. There are other Duelers which are not the same. The tread pattern is very different for one thing.

Discount Tires should have them (they are a dealer for Bridgestone now) as well as Costco and of course Firestone stores, but I've found they are more expensive sometimes. I'm sure you can find them other places. I think Sears sells what they think they can sell, and at a decent margin.

I've never found Tirerack to be competitive when you figure in paying someone to mount them. Discount actually works with TR and/or will price match.

Old 12-14-2005, 03:32 PM
Well, with snow on the horizon (This weekend), and lack of finding exactly what I was looking for, I went with Sears (Bridgestone APT's), 285's. They were 145.00 each, +18.50 with mounting and balancing. They could get me the Revo's (Special order) but were... gasp...239.00 each. They handle great, are pretty quiet and look Awesome in the wells. I'm actually jealous of my wife's ride (am thinking of ordering the same sneakers for my Screw) and they were relatively inexpensive (?) at $710.00 (W/ Massachusetts tax, of course). Funny- my grandfather paid that amount for a brand new model A in the 30's....

Old 12-17-2005, 12:24 AM
Stay away from goodyear at/s'

Stay away from the Goodyear AT/S'. I went through 2 sets (8 tires) and 3 tires had tread seperation. First set I got about 38K out of before one tire went bad, second set I got about 15K out of then two tires went bad. This probably has something to do with the heat in Arizona and the weight of the vehicle. Now I just buy cheap tires because they will probably go bad before I can wear them out. Currently I am running some knock off made by Cooper and the are working fairly well. I paid $350 mounted and balanced with a full replacement road hazard for all 4 305/70/16.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: looking for better tires...