Looking for a Log splitter

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 04:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a Log splitter

Im looking for a log splitter, Im in North east PA and have no problem traveling for a good working splitter. Let me know what you have and maybe we can work something out! Even if they need a little TLC I would still be interested.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would buy new from Tractor Supply .... I just got the 22 Ton Huskee and love it! http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/stor...ut_Logsplitter

I even lost the hydraulic fill cap on the ride home because my dumbass forgot to tighten it and I called the mother company that makes the splitter (think it was SpeeCo) and they sent me out a brand new one at no charge to me next day!! It even comes pre filled with all the oils it needs they hydraulic oil would have been 40 bucks had it not come with it!

It's only $1,000 bucks and depending upon how often your going to use it the warranty and being new was enough to entice me to quit looking at used ones and get a nice new one, besides people are asking crazy money for pieces of garbage out there! Trust me I looked

Old 09-17-2013, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I seen them and have been thinking real hard about it. I would love to have one. My buddy just bought the same one and I really like how it splits in the vertical and horizontal positions. I didn't want to spend that much just yet as I want to buy a dump truck but I think it might be my best bet. Everyone I see on Craigslist is used and they are asking new prices or even more that what they spent on them I gurantee it. Im going to keep looking the rest of this week and if I dont find a descent used one I might just go get this Huskee.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't really want to drop a grand on a log splitter either but while I was looking at the used one and seeing what was being offered for $800+ I said there's no way in hell that I'm saving two hundred bucks and getting a used piece of rusty junk lol

I see your having the same issue =)

Quick Reply: Looking for a Log splitter