wiring for electric brake control unit

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wiring for electric brake control unit

I need to install a Tekonsa brake control in my 98 F150. I'll need to splice into the brake light wire but was wondering if there is an easier way. There is a conector with two wires just under the steering wheel just sitting there with nothing connected to it. Is this maybe for just this application? Any answers appreciated.

Old 10-09-2002, 11:13 PM
there should be a connector above your right foot. just behind the dash. with four wires and its a gray shell. you cane get the other end at the same place you got your brake unit. they just plug into the truck. and you wire the connector to the brake unit. so no cutting on your trucks harness. good luck

Old 10-10-2002, 07:51 AM
Did you buy your truck new? If so, somewhere you have a pigtail connector that you splice the brake controller into. This connector then plugs into the above mentioned plug under the dash. It is tucked up under the dash a little bit. It's a square, female connector facing the front of the truck. I know this comes with trucks equipped w/ the towing pkg, but I'm not sure aobut non-towing pkg trucks though. You should also be able to pick one up at your Ford garage.

Quick Reply: wiring for electric brake control unit