Need fuse information for '92' F150

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need fuse information for '92' F150

I have been having trouble with the rear ABS on my '92' F150, after reading a lot of posts concerning the ABS, I have decided to disable this function by pulling the fuse located in the engine compartment. This is where the location is suppose to be according to several posts I have read. My repair manual, (not Ford), does not identify the fuses. Located on the driver side under the hood, is a "power distribution box" that is about 6" by 8" and the top is hinged. Inside are several rows of fuses, and a row of relays. the fuses range in value from 5 amps to 50 amps. Can someone supply the identity of the fuses for me and am I asking for trouble if I pull the one for the ABS. I know the rear sensor also runs the speedometer but does the fuse supple power to the sensor? I disconnected the sensor when I was troubleshooting and found out real fast that the transmission and the speedometer needs the input from the sensor to operate correctly. Any help would sure be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-31-2002, 06:38 PM
Isn't there a diagram in the lid of the distribution box? There will also be a diagram in your owners manual. I also have a 1992 with rear abs. According to my owners manual it is a 20amp fuse, fuse #15, located in the fuse box inside the cab (lower left side of the dash). There is a seperate fuse for the abs speed sensor which also controls the engine computer so i think if you unplug just that one you will be ok. You could also try disconnecting the abs computer under the dash or disconnecting the abs actuator underneath the truck. Basically anything you do to mess with the abs system will disable the abs and leave you with normal brakes.

Just remember that doing any of this will cause your abs light to stay on.

-Jon

Old 02-01-2002, 08:35 AM
Thank for the input, here is why I want to disable the ABS, sorry for the long post.
After about 15 miles, and when I brake, the brake lite and the ABS lite come on together,(this is intermitten),the brakes also seem to start dragging at this time. I have checked the fluid, shoes are about 60% worn, all linkage, Ebrake, no binding etc found. I replace the sensor, no help, I replaced the brake controller, no help, I was going to replace the electrical actuated hydraulic valve for the ABS but it cost $200. The dealer was no help,charged me $81 to say "can't find anything wrong" and my model doesn't set any codes. I will go ahead and do a brake job and if that doesn't help, I will just try to disable the ABS. Any words of wisdom will be great. Oh, I bought the truck used two years ago, no manuel.

Quick Reply: Need fuse information for '92' F150