Headlight going dim after installing xenon bulb

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlight going dim after installing xenon bulb

Hey guys need some help. I installed a set of Xenon lights bulbs replacing the factory set. The output did what I wanted to brighten the road. Having a problem now. On one light it seems extremely dim compared to the other. I can turn on the lights wiggle the wires near the housing and it gets bright just not nearly as bright as the other. Also the back when I was wiggling the wires was almost to hot to touch for long. Any thoughts any suggestions would be greatly appreciated before I get a ticket, If you know what I mean......

Old 01-27-2002, 08:16 PM
I had the same problem when I put new lights in. One was almost going out after a few minutes. I took them back and got more new ones. That took care of it. Just a bad bulb. Good luck.

Old 02-09-2002, 10:45 AM
Angry Same Problem Here

Hey Bud, I'm having the same Problem, I will take mine even a step further. I have had about four diffrent sets of xenon bulbs in. I have had some just go out and stop working and just recently had the same problem your having. I know for a fact my problem is not a bad bulb do to the amount of times I had this problem. I almost positive mine and maybe yours is an electrical problem. I can't seem to find any help with it either. Just wanted to let you know.

Old 02-09-2002, 05:53 PM
Xenon bulb problem

Took the bulbs out and replaced with factory bulbs then took it to the dealer. There was a faulty ground wire at the socket, also there was something wrong with the plug in piece at the actual light switch. Both were under warrenty and had them replaced. They did tell me that they are aware of the problem with the lights. However as usual they have to have a certain number go out before doing a recall. Take it to the dealer and it should be fixed....

Old 02-13-2002, 07:50 PM
Thumbs down

I had the same problem with the xenon headlight bulbs. I installed a set and only one bulb actually worked the other looked as if it was going to die. I was able to get a replacement pair, but when installed they didn't work at all, nothing. Once I put the stock bulbs in everything was fine. What could be the cause of this? Does anyone have this type of problem? Im concerned about burning the sockets/wiring, any suggestions on which bulbs to get.

ps. The foglights i had no problem with, they look great (hiper 9006)

Old 02-17-2002, 01:38 AM
Most of the xenon lights have higher amperage draws which the wiring and connector cannot handle the additional load..
This will burn the connectors and the wiring...Yoy get the same systoms bulb out, bulb party lit, etc. I would stay away from these..

How do I know, I went through this on two vehicles, They had get light out on the road, but ate up the connector and actually melted it....

Quick Reply: Headlight going dim after installing xenon bulb