Fusebox repair?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2002, 09:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fusebox repair?

Is there an easy repair for a damaged fuse recepticle? I attemped to in stall a tap on a 15 amp fuse. This was a slim metal piece that would slide in one of the fuse blade recepticle along with the fuse. I've use them on the larger fuses in the past and they worked fine. Anyway, when I inserted the tap and fuse I thought I felt something wrong. I removed the fuse and reinserted it, but it won't catch. If I hold the fuse in place very hard, it works. I assume I pushed the connection backward into the recepticle. If so, is there an easy way to fix this or do I take it to the dealer?
Thanks
Stephen
2002 Lariat S'crew

Old 01-12-2002, 03:09 AM
I ENCOUNTERED A SIMILAR PROBLEM, WHICH IS WHAT PROMTED ME TO WRITE MY OTHER POST ON FUSE LOCATIONS. A MECHANIC (STEPFATHER) REPAIRED MY FUSEBOX. I DID HOWEVER FIND A FUSE TAP THAT WILL WORK SAFELY FOR THE SMALL TYPE FUSES WHICHOUR TRUCKS NOW USE. YOU PLUG IT IN IN PLACE OF THE FUSE AND INSERT THE REPLACED FUSE INTO IT, THE ACCESSORY FUSE GOES INTO ANOTHER SLOT BEHIND THE ORIGINAL FUSE AND THE ACCESORY POWER IS SUPPLIED BY A WIRE FROM THE FUSE HOLDER. i GOT MINE AT AUTOZONE FOR A COUPLE BUCKS. THEY WILL ONLY WORK FOR ACCESSORIES REQUIRING 10A OR LESS.

Old 01-13-2002, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll check out Autozone. Their competition didn't have the tap you described. I made a temp. repair by soldering two extentions two the fuse and now they make contact.
Steve

Quick Reply: Fusebox repair?