2012 supercrew 3.5L parasitic drain but weird

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2023, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2012 supercrew 3.5L parasitic drain but weird

Not a steady drain, seriously, hold on to this ride.

So about a year ago I noticed that if I didn't drive it for a couple days it would start slowly. I have the driver's side rear door switch that's bad and constantly thinks the door is open but I don't think that's part of this.

I get busy and I have a service truck and sometimes it's a couple weeks in between drives with this truck. I've bought a couple of batteries and now I have a float charger.

I finally got the motivation to start digging in to the issue and pulling fuses. I have gone through all the fairly easy fuses to get to under the hood and started on the ones under the dash, I have narrowed it down so far to this plug I have my finger on.

Now, for the drain. It's not a steady drain. There is a steady drain of 0.05A which I assume is just the computer keeping alive and I have ignored that. About every 20 seconds it quickly ramps up to 1A and then over about 12 seconds slowly ramps back down to 0.05A rinse and repeat.

When I unplug the plug in the picture the drain stops.

1. anybody got a clue?
2. Can someone identify the plug?
3. Been forever and a day since I've been active in here, started in 2003 with my '03 STX which I miss every day bought new and drive to 230K miles before trading, then a '04 crew, '06 crew and now '12 crew. I used to be real active in the Florida group but I can't find any of the oldies that were around then.

Old 02-01-2023, 05:03 PM
Not that anyone is even looking at this but. So I tried just pulling the plug.

Everything seemed fine and I shut the door.

As I was walking away from the truck I noticed the tail lights were on, walked around the front, headlights were on. Ignition off, doors locked, headlight switch in the off position(not auto).

had to plug it back in in order to get the lights to turn off

Old 04-24-2023, 02:19 PM
I appreciate all the responses of help here. I finally got a buddy who owns a mechanic shop to tell me that the plug in question goes to:

ignition, windshield wipers, power seats, and headlamps.

Old 06-10-2023, 09:59 AM
got the issue resolved.

Old 06-10-2023, 02:21 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
How did you fix it?

Also, just because no one is responding, doesn't necessarily mean that no one is watching/reading. We just don't know or don't want to lead you down the wrong path.

Quick Reply: 2012 supercrew 3.5L parasitic drain but weird