ABS Fault DTC116A 2012 F150

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS Fault DTC116A 2012 F150

Hello, new to the forum so please forgive the newbieness.
I am experiencing an ABS fault indicator with Service AdvanceTrac and Check Brake System.
Each time I start my truck I get the Service AdvanceTrac warning and when I start driving I then get the Check Brake System alarm.
The fault code I see is C116A which indicates a mismatch between the ABS Pressure Transducer and the Brake Switch.
I believe I have validated this; if I turn on the ignition and start the truck with the brake peddle pressed I do not get any alarms.
However once I release the brake peddle the ABS alarm is triggered.
Seems that in the natural state something is sensing that the brake peddle is being pressed when it is not.
I am trying to understand if it is the ABS module itself that senses/interprets the state of the ABS Pressure Transducer and the Brake Switch or somewhere else?
I am also seeing a DTC of C1440 which is Brake Pressure Sensor Signal Mismatch.
Just trying to find a place to start isolating before arbitrarily swapping out parts.
The Cruise Control still functions so I am not sure that the brake switch is the issue.
Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Last edited by DOCD; 06-23-2019 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Additional Fault Code to Add
Old 06-23-2019, 08:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Hopefully your HCU didn't go south.

Old 05-09-2020, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by DOCD
Hello, new to the forum so please forgive the newbieness.
I am experiencing an ABS fault indicator with Service AdvanceTrac and Check Brake System.
Each time I start my truck I get the Service AdvanceTrac warning and when I start driving I then get the Check Brake System alarm.
The fault code I see is C116A which indicates a mismatch between the ABS Pressure Transducer and the Brake Switch.
I believe I have validated this; if I turn on the ignition and start the truck with the brake peddle pressed I do not get any alarms.
However once I release the brake peddle the ABS alarm is triggered.
Seems that in the natural state something is sensing that the brake peddle is being pressed when it is not.
I am trying to understand if it is the ABS module itself that senses/interprets the state of the ABS Pressure Transducer and the Brake Switch or somewhere else?
I am also seeing a DTC of C1440 which is Brake Pressure Sensor Signal Mismatch.
Just trying to find a place to start isolating before arbitrarily swapping out parts.
The Cruise Control still functions so I am not sure that the brake switch is the issue.
Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
dI'd you ever figure out problem

Old 12-15-2020, 11:55 AM
Same issue here. Any luck on the fix?

Quick Reply: ABS Fault DTC116A 2012 F150