Speedometer and Fuel Gauge Don't Work

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speedometer and Fuel Gauge Don't Work

I have a 2007 F150 5.4L 3V and decided it was time to change the spark plugs. Long story short, the #4 plug broke off and I had a heck of a time getting it out. Well after a couple weeks and hundreds of dollars of new tools that I needed to complete the job I went to put the computer back in and the connector on the far passenger side didn't snap in properly. Upon further investigation one of the pins was bent in half and broke when I tried to straighten it. So I decided I was going to start it and see what happens. It seemed to run fine, other than the horrible exhaust leak/tick from the passenger side that I need to fix. So I went to pull out of the driveway and noticed the fuel gauge and speedometer didn't work. I didn't want to chance it so I just backed right back into the driveway. I've tried to search the ECM pin outs but they don't seem to match up with the pin that broke. It was somewhere in the range of 21-25 which either not used or a combination of other things including accelerator pedal position sensor power and alternator monitor or air bag deployment sensor. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I've just spent a lot of time and a decent chunk of money replacing COPs and plugs and now I'm worried I'll have to replace the ECM.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:31 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
You need to replace the ECM.

Old 04-28-2018, 09:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was afraid of that.

Quick Reply: Speedometer and Fuel Gauge Don't Work