Odd electrical problems, need help. PLEASE PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 03:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Odd electrical problems, need help. PLEASE PLEASE

Hey there folks. I've got an odd electrical problem I've Bennett unable to figure out.
I have a 1997 F-150 w/4.6L 4X4 VIN code 6.
About four months ago some of my electrical system began to fail. PL at first, then windows, then 4X4, then dash lights, then horn and cruise, finally wipers. Was in the process of move and at first was still able to drive it. Once the horn and dash lights quit I parking in the barn to fix it at a later date. At first I was pretty sure it was the GEM. So last week I tore into the dash and pulled the fuse block and GEM. Once I had them separated I noticed there was a manufacturer date on the GEM from 2009. So I decided to replace the fuse block. Yesterday I finally got it in the mail and installed. About 90% of the things that no longer worked came back on and worked like they should. But, the PW and 4X4 are NOT working. The fuses are good and the switches are good. I've got no power coming into the switch at all. Nor do I hear anything from the relays. I've also tested both window motors and there fine. The transfer case motor is about a year old and was working fine prior to the electrical systems beginning to fail. I've check all the vacuum lines in the engine compartment as will as in the passenger side fender. No problems there. I then once again went through every system in the truck to make sure everything was working correctly. Yes, dash lights PL, PM, AC, wipers, interior lights, park lights, head lights, break lights, gauge cluster, radio, horn, 12v power points. Everything was working as they should. Just not the windows and transfer case motor.
I'm stumped. Any and all advice would be GREATLY APPRECIATED

Quick Reply: Odd electrical problems, need help. PLEASE PLEASE