Possible bad body control module

Old 11-20-2017, 07:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Possible bad body control module

07 F150 Fx4 5.4 auto, power locks power windows.
hit the unlock button on driver or passenger door. Nothing happens. It sounds like the actuator is moving but nothing moves. Do this enough times the locks stop all together. Key pad buttons on outside stop, auto headlights go wacky, TPS flashes on dash, and radio stays on when you open the door. Either BCM or the 3 violet wires under the door sill plate. Let me know what you think. Thanks. also where can I get one. Auto value can't find out.

Old 11-24-2017, 09:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My key fob battery was dying and when i would lock and unlock it would act weird. When locking with the fob it would lock then immediately unlock the driver door. Replaced the battery and all is good with that. My radio stays on for ten min after the key is out. Ive tracked the wires and found no purple splice. Im hopeing its in the switch/latch. Ill be checking again in a couple days. Yours could possibly be battery on key fob and purple wires. Definatly worth a try

Old 11-25-2017, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by j-edge
My key fob battery was dying and when i would lock and unlock it would act weird. When locking with the fob it would lock then immediately unlock the driver door. Replaced the battery and all is good with that. My radio stays on for ten min after the key is out. Ive tracked the wires and found no purple splice. Im hopeing its in the switch/latch. Ill be checking again in a couple days. Yours could possibly be battery on key fob and purple wires. Definatly worth a try
Purple violet wire. Splice is under door sill driver side. Right before driver seat. Black couple.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:06 AM
Just thought I would update this. Ford ended up finding a broken wire running to BSM. They replaced BSM originally and it fixed some of it but not all of it. Replaced broken wire and good to go.
Except now I get to figure out what they broke or unplugged on my amp. Subs worked when I brought it there but not now.

Search this Thread