My dome light and my bed lights wont work

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 02:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dome light and my bed lights wont work

K. So I recently installed a new LED 3rd light and realized my white need lights were not coming on. I had to clip the wires and hard wire the light to the main harness.
when i seen the bed lights didn't come on i switch primary and secondary power wires. After i did that every time i hit the brakes my dome light would come on. As i was wiring them back normally i seen that when i pulled a certain way on the wires coming from the cab the dome would flicker on. Bad ground in the cab somewhere right?
I also just installed a new audio system and you can here a negative grounding coming through the speakers ( when i gas it you can hear the charge of the alternator, you can hear the power surge when windows are rolled up ) but completely dies down when volume is turned up.

Any good inputs before i tear out my head liner??

Old 10-04-2017, 10:30 AM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Year and model of the truck???

Old 10-04-2017, 11:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year and model

I have a 2002 F150 XLT 5.4L 4x4

I am kinda upset but happy at the same time. So I shot out on the limb ( mind you I already checked the darn thing ) and replaced the relay...again. Lo an behold it started working again. Haha! I still need to reconnect my 3rd light though. And not looking forward to taking the headliner off just to get to the connector. Hard wiring it in seems so much easier. You think I'll be alright just soldering the wires in?
And to my final cab issue is the whining sound I get through my speakers. That has to be a bad ground. I got a new roll of speaker wire and I'm going to run completely new wires through everything and remove the trucks oem speaker wires.

Going through my Haynes manual I noticed in the stereo wiring map the there is a wire to the interior lights that is spliced into the stereo power. Weird. Says it is black with a blue line.

Any tips??