Power inverter install

Old 09-27-2017, 10:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power inverter install

Hello all,

New to the forum, and first post. I got my 2014 F-150 XLT a couple months ago and am plowing forward with the modifications. Next up, I'd like to install a 120v power inverter. Surprisingly, I searched the forum and couldn't find where someone had done a write-up on this yet. I was wondering if anyone had done this with their F150, and had any tips or write-ups to share (or could point me to an existing writeup). I was thinking to mount it behind the glove box, it seems like there is enough room back there, but have not verified yet.

In a related need, I'd like to put the 2 plugs in the space where the cubby hole is on the right side of the dash. I don't foresee a need for that space, and the plugs would fit perfectly, and be close to the inverter as well. Has anyone pulled this cubby out and re-worked it? I've seen a lot of info on the left side cubby for trailer brakes, switches, etc. but nothing on the right side. I was hoping there was some OEM dash trim piece that I could just pop in there, but could Dremel-fab something if needed also.

Thanks - KC

Search this Thread