Splicing backup sensor wiring

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 01:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Splicing backup sensor wiring

Reverse sensors didn't work.... ordered a complete replacement set off ebay. (they had awesome reviews). When they came, I started the replacement process, only to find that One of my reverse sensors has a ridiculously bad and corroded plug. Like green death destroyed it completely. I called the dealer to check on price for new harness.... $140. I was at a junk yard and although I couldn't find a complete harness, some of the pigtails were still good, so I cut one off thinking it might be worth a shot.

Are these plugs splice-able? I remember the sensors are kind of finicky, so will the resistance change in the splice affect the reverse sensing system? When I splice it, and it still doesn't work, should I be surprised?

Anyone know how the electronics of this system works, and if it is affected by splicing?

Old 10-14-2016, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I don't know anything about the system, if you solder the connections together and use shrink tube to protect the connection there should be negligible difference in the resistance. On the other hand using crimp style connectors may affect resistance depending on their quality

Old 10-16-2016, 12:38 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
yes you can splice them with solder

Quick Reply: Splicing backup sensor wiring