Power Window won't roll down when below 50 F

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 10:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Window won't roll down when below 50 F

Driver’s side door power window does not roll down when it is below 50○F. When the switch is pressed all that happens is a click from the actuator or switch, but it does not engage.

I have lubricated the window track, but this did not help. There is no exposure to water, and temperatures are well above freezing. As soon as the door warms to above 50○F, the window motor works fine and runs strong.
It is like there is something electronic that happens right at that temperature mark. (Works great all Summer)

Normally I can tap the interior of the door hard with a rubber hammer and eventually the actuator will resume working, so it is like it is locking up or has a bad connection. If that were the case, it would do it in warm weather too.

I’ve seen countless threads on this same topic on various makes and models of cars and no one has a good answer. I’ve tried all the suggestions, looking for someone that KNOWS what the cause is, and not guessing. I don't want to buy a new actuator if it works fine for 6 months out of the year.
Thanks

2003 XLT SuperCrew, 4.6 V8, 2WD, dual exhaust, brown floormats (=

Last edited by BustedKnuckle; 10-06-2016 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Adding specs.
Old 10-22-2016, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The great mystery continues? No one knows?

Quick Reply: Power Window won't roll down when below 50 F