HELP!!!Windows

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 01:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP!!!Windows

I have a 2005 f-150 crew cab lariat and I am having issues with all window switches except for master switch in drivers door. My 3 passenger windows will not roll down with their respective switches. I have seen the posts throughout the forum about other window problems and just need some clarification.

If I cant see any broken wires within the boot of the door where should I check next? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Old 07-05-2016, 02:48 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Have you cleaned the contacts on the switches? There is a write up in the Articles and How To section. It's a pretty common problem after a few years.

Old 07-05-2016, 03:36 PM
Windows

Yeah I looked into that one I will have to try it

Old 07-05-2016, 09:57 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Check the ground to the windows.. My 97 had a bad ground in the cab wire harness. I'm not smart enough to know how they found it, but it did require a new wire harness for the cab part.. The dome light and the rear bed light was also affected...

After they replace the harness, it all worked great.. Sure, cost me around $400, but I don't know wiring, so it was worth it to me..

Good luck!

Mitch

Old 07-06-2016, 09:00 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Dumb question(s) time from me.

The 3 windows will not roll down with the switch on the door, but will they roll up ?

Do those 3 windows operate correctly ( up and down ) from the driver's switch ?
- Looking for clarification on "all window switches except for master switch in drivers door" as it could mean the driver's window works correctly or all 4 windows work correctly.

Old 07-06-2016, 09:15 AM
All four windows worked from the master switch before yesterday, now the front passenger side will not roll down at all, and the rear passenger door will not roll up or down with that specific door control. Both driver side windows (front and back) roll up perfectly fine after doing some checks last night. It is only the passenger side windows I am having trouble with.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:31 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
thank you for the clarification.

With the weirdness you are finding, in addition to Bluejays suggestion of checking the driver's power window switch contacts, I would also suggest checking the wiring from the driver's door to the A-pillar / door jamb.

At this point it could be either or, so knocking them out 1 by 1 is in order.

Checking the driver's power window switch contacts is the easiest to do; so I would suggest starting there.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...ow-switch.html

If the contacts are clean, next is to pull back the rubber boot on the wiring from the driver's door to the A-pillar / door jamb and start checking for a pinch in the wiring that is causing an intermittent open in the wiring.
I would expect it on any ( most ) of the color codes from the main switch to the other switches. It might not be obvious, so you are going to have to get in there and run each wire by hand, feeling for a pinch or divot in the insulation. It is a PITA; but this would be what you are paying someone else do to as a starting point.
- You could also test by opening the door, and check all the windows to see what operation works and then move that harness to see if the operation changes.

2006 EVTM for the SCrew power windows.

Quick Reply: HELP!!!Windows