Odd Electrical Issue - No Start

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Odd Electrical Issue - No Start

So - strange situation happened today. Used moonroof, it snapped, popped and jammed up. Wouldn't close or open. Pushed it into place and seemed like all was well. Got home and used the buttons to try and get it to move correctly again after lining things back up.
How is this an Electrical - No Start issue you ask?
After pushing the buttons - all of the sudden every light on the dash started flashing in a cycle, headlights flash and there are clicks behind the dash every time I put the key in. Not even trying to crank it. Of course when I do try to crank it - no crank! If I let it sit a while, the random clicks and lights stop. Then I can try again. I can always get a function to work once; door locks work ONE TIME, windows down ONE TIME, rear window open ONE time etc. Basically any electrical function will work one time before it all quits.

SUSPECT: The moonroof motor shorted? Would that alone cause all the odd dash lights and functions out of whack???

Tomorrow AM will be testing pulling the fuse that powers the moonroof to see if the truck will start and the lights flashing will stop.

Just hoping to hear if someone has had a similar issue????

Old 05-10-2016, 02:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, I pulled the fuse. No change.
However. I am also now getting a fast paced clicking noise near the fuse panel that I wasn't before - with or without the key in the ignition. Unhooked the battery and of course it stops. Very bizarre... Starting to wonder if the load from the moonroof motor binding up caused me to drop a cell in my battery? Everyone on another forum says "battery, battery, battery". I don't get it, but it won't hurt to try. After all, I still have the OEM battery in my 2009 with 140k.

Old 05-10-2016, 10:23 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Take the battery to a parts store to get it load tested.

Quick Reply: Odd Electrical Issue - No Start