Headlight issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 09:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlight issues

This is on a 99 F150.

I've had HID Projectors lights for about 3 years now. about 6 months ago the passenger light went out...I thought ok, I'll order a new set of HID lights as it's either the bulb or the ballast. Put the new set in and still the same thing. A few days later it was cold out and the passenger light started working again. I checked the connected on the head light assembly and it seemed snug.

basically on very cold days both would work. Not that its cold everyday its back to not working. Seems like if I open the hood and slam it close then it wants to work for a few days.

Yesterday the driver side started acting up. While driving and having the light on the driver side just went out. I noticed it and just turned the light off and back on and it came back on and staid on.

At this point I'm leaning towards the wiring in the old Ford as I've replaced the bulbs and ballasts already.

Is there a ground that could be loose causing this? I wouldn't think if the wires in the harness were bad it would just not work all together.

Thoughts and suggestions?

(they are 50w HID 10000K ballast/bulb)

Quick Reply: Headlight issues