2001 F150 Battery Light

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 03:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 F150 Battery Light

I recently changed my battery in my truck for a new one. Been running over a week and a 1/2 with no issues. Starts great and not sluggish at all.

When I was traveling home the other day across the desert, my battery light started flickering....in...out...in...out... It wouldn't stay consistently long until further in the journey...then eventually here and there it would shut off a tad. I have a voltage meter in my truck and I watched it the whole way home for the 3 hour journey. It never dropped below 14.2 ever.

I made it home safely and decided to check the battery in the morning. My battery is sitting fine over night. 12.7-8 resting.

I have yet to start my truck again to see if the light remains on. I have checked most the wiring but maybe not all well enough? I even checked the #11 fuse. That is all good.

Any ideas? Bad Alt? Mega fuse?

Also note that I have the BIG 3 done on my truck since I run a audio system. So I have a fused line from the positive batt terminal to the alt. Havent had issues for the 4+ years I have had the system in.

Last edited by VIP3R; 12-06-2015 at 03:21 AM.

Quick Reply: 2001 F150 Battery Light