Passenger Side Windshield Wiper Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passenger Side Windshield Wiper Problem

I'm borrowing my uncles F150 and while driving it home today it started raining heavily. All of a sudden instead of stopping and going back to its down position during the wipe, the passenger wiper just kept going over to the left and basically the drivers wiper went on top of it on the next pass.

With all of the rain we've gotten here in Chicago lately this is obviously is a major risk factor so I need to get this fixed ASAP. Any ideas?

Old 07-15-2014, 11:15 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 98f150cs
I'm borrowing my uncles F150 and while driving it home today it started raining heavily. All of a sudden instead of stopping and going back to its down position during the wipe, the passenger wiper just kept going over to the left and basically the drivers wiper went on top of it on the next pass.

With all of the rain we've gotten here in Chicago lately this is obviously is a major risk factor so I need to get this fixed ASAP. Any ideas?
Hi 98f150cs,

What is the year and mileage of your uncle's truck? Have you taken it to a dealer to have them take a look?

Ashley

Old 10-18-2014, 08:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah Take it to the dealer

Old 10-18-2014, 10:28 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Can you move either one of them by hand?

Stand them both up like you are going to clean the windshield then turn the wipers on then off again. The one that does not stop in the proper at rest position is the funky one, and probably loose. They are a taper fit on to the shaft and held tight with a nut. Remove the cover cap and loosen the nut a tad more. Then position the arm where it should be and tighten the nut and replace the cover cap. Piece of cake!

Quick Reply: Passenger Side Windshield Wiper Problem