Flame gauges

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2001, 01:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Flame gauges

The other day I installed my new flame gauges like directions said, and now all my gauges are WAY off. I was hoping someone may have installed new gauges, and if you could help me out? The instructions say to turn on the ignition, mark where the needles are pointing. Well I started the truck and marked where they were, and now everything is messed up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Old 09-05-2001, 12:24 PM
Ask ddaytona!

Hi BSF! I know 1 of the members put the gauges in his truck & they look awesome! His ID is ddaytona9963 - leave a post for him in General Discussion (Calling ddaytona) & ask him. I"m sure he can help! Hope this works for you!

Old 09-05-2001, 06:53 PM
I recently put a set in my 2001 Screw. What year is your truck? putting the dash into test mode help me out a bit!! 1999- up trucks......... fill er up and put your gas gauge on F. oil pressure- turn key on but don't start truck, put needle on L. temp guage- with the engine cold turn key on but don't start, put needle on C. Tach- If your engine is running "correctly" and at nomal operating temp, pull of your IAC valve wire. Engine should be running at near 500 rpms. or if dash is in test mode the digial readout will tell you the rpms. Same thing for your speedo- i dont know of any other way beside driveing next to someone else and asking them what their speed is unless you put the dash into test mode. The only thing left is the voltage gauge- dunno i just put mine in the middle, kinda hard to tell since it is only gonna ever tell you that you are *****ed, and buy the time the guage does start to drop and you notice it- it will be to late anyway. JUst pray that you have a digial odometer... To enter test mode press and hold your trip button, turn key on and start you truck . release it when it says "TEST" on the display. the first test is a guage sweep test will make every gauge go from MAX to MIN.......

Quick Reply: Flame gauges