Stumped....window issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stumped....window issue

Hello all,
I'm at work and the shop is slow right now so im trying to tackle this issue. I have a 2001 f150 lariat 5.4 4x4 supercab, and the passenger window went out yesterday. I can not get it to move off of either switch. I tested the switches (best i could just guessing what terminal does what, i assumed the middle post was ground, and with up and down switch movement the other 4 posts completed the circut (two at a time) they passed, I applied power to the pigtail on the motor and it is operating. All power distribution maxi fuses check out OK, interior fues #14 & #30 check out.
The weird part is my driver window goes both up and down, but I only hear relay clicking when going down (both auto down and pulse down), no relay sounds when going up. I do not hear relays for up or down for the passenger window, on either driver or passenger switch.
Is there another fuse I should be checking? Which relay controls the passengter window? sorry for all the questions, my owners manual is at home and im on the back end of a 13 hour shift here at the shop and just wanting to get this done....
Thanks in advance

Old 07-29-2013, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile BCM or GEM

Hi

I did a little research for a similar problem on my 97 F 150. The BCM, Body Control Module, or GEM, General Electrical Module is one possibility. I googled my problem and came up with this possibility. They are expensive from Ford about $400.00, plus another couple of hundred to install. A place on line I found is http://www.autopartscheaper.com/ Do a search for GEM or BCM. There are many different ones, so be careful if buying one.

Vince

Quick Reply: Stumped....window issue